!!!!!!Hanmeet 2024 23rd-25th August - Entry Form is up now!!!!

Will I attend os hanmeet?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will I attend os hanmeet 2024

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JustHarry said:

Im a maybe, would have to land in chch late and rental car to hanmer

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, vivaspeed said:

Whatever you do, do not accept an airport pickup from this man ^^

Bort kindly offered me a ride one time, which I was happy to take, but then at several points on the trip I seriously feared for my safety and death flashed before my eyes.  Sliding around the back seat of the angry V8 Valiant coupe (2 door sedan?) with no rear seatbelts as he did the imperial ton passing slower traffic on twisty roads.  I was not entirely comfortable with that situation.  Drive it like you stole it comes to mind.

Then we were regaled with stories of how he rolled a car while younger, and other interesting motoring calamities he had encountered - whilst entertaining, did not add to the feeling of safety.

Then we were relieved of the near-death experience when he decided to do some road levelling with the sump of the aforementioned car, and it decided to drain the lubricating fluids, rendering it inoperable for the remainder of the event.  Hence the nickname "Sumpson" was acquired.

Then IIRC @yetchh gave me a ride back to Christchurch in his 121 which seemed to have an intermittent fueling problem and so it wasn't being super reliable either, but we made it.

Such memories.

TL;DR - if you don't want to die, don't travel to Hanmer with @RUNAMUCK

I hate to break it to you, but i was taking it easy?  Now that white datsun i used to own, that car i really used to pedal like i meant it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

@JustHarry

Yeah 

Fuck.

Put my name down.

@cletus?

I could fly @cletus down, he can (hopefully) cert my imp and then borrow a suitably shit car from @Slacker_Sam. for a road trip south, then fly out of chch...

Or something like that.

I'm just thinking out loud. Imp isn't even near finished yet but good to have a goal to aim for.