Ok folks, here we go again! The oldschool drags are back after a 1 year hiatus due to Corona (not the Toyota).
Save the date! Entry forms will be available soon.
Location: Meremere Dragway
Date: Saturday December 10th, 2022
Time: 8:00am tech inspection
10:00am - ~3:30pm Racing
Cost: $80 entry fee to race (Same price as last time)
Spectator entry is free.
The event is open to all oldschool or Retro cars and bikes (1989 and earlier). Special dispensations on this rule may be granted to oldschool.co.nz members or other interesting cars.
Spectator entry is free.
We will be running the full timing system, the same as last year. The afternoon will consist of competitive DYO races but the electronic timing will be in use throughout the day. So you'll receive an ET and a trap speed at the end of each run as well as a printout of all your vital statistics including your reaction and 60 foot times. Exactly what you need to see where you could gain an extra tenth of a second in your Hillman Imp and drop it into the 22 second bracket.
Rules, requirements and answers to some frequently asked questions:
- An Oldschool or retro car or bike running NO FASTER than an 11.0 second ET
- Pre 1990 vehicles take preference for entries but we will consider some vehicles that fall outside this category for oldschool members.
- ONE entry per vehicle. If you want to bring more than one vehicle then that is fine, but each vehicle will need to be paid for separately
- Registration and WoF, or for non-roadworthy vehicles an NZDRA tech inspection or MSNZ logbook
- A crash helmet, up to current standards
- Covered footwear
- All Rotary powered manual vehicles will need a scatter shield or approved bellhousing (with proof of approval). Automatic transmission equipped rotary powered vehicles running an ET of slower than 10.0 seconds are exempt from this rule.
- Radiator overflow and secure battery
Semi slicks are permitted, as are stripped interiors and open headers. No full slicks as the rules permit DOT rated tyres only.
- We are not running a prepped track. This pushes entry fees up by at leas twice the cost. Be careful.
- No passengers permitted
- No static burnouts on the track other than on the designated burnout area.
- Fire and clean up gear is provided by the track team, but if you cause a spill or require use of the extinguishers you will be expected to reimburse them for these costs
- No animals permitted on the track.
- No alcohol or drug consumption permitted on track, pits or staging area.
- Put the date in your calendar and and start preparing your vehicles (and yourselves) for the day! Please tell your friends with old vehicles that they're welcome to enter! We encourage new faces and cars at this event, just like at all oldschool events.
If you have any questions or comments, please ask them here.