Roman

Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

59 minutes ago, Roman said:

It might be a while away as I think it's still sea based shipping for stuff from Japan.

I found the opposite recently, no sea shipping option on Buyee. I'd normally use someone for my Japan buys but the item popped up in short notice so had to go Buyee.

• Like 2

Unless something miraculous happens it looks like I'm not gonna be able to take this to the drags or do anything else much fun with it for a while. 

Reason being, this happened to my Nissan work car coming up the Bombay hill yesterday:

126524625_1830413083764393_7297573928539748692_n.jpg.b03f65cac41be94041c0bc929b66b1ca.jpg

With a BHG to match. So its off to scrap! 

Which now means I'm back to needing the Echo as a reliable and sensible driving appliance. For the meantime my job depends on it.
Good thing I didnt manage to blow it up already.
So I've gone back to the factory intake manifold so I can have an air filter back on it.
It will still be heaps more fun to drive though than before! as the better springs/wheels/etc still make it a lot more entertaining. 
I put the new exhaust manifold on but it didnt make any difference. I suspect it would once the rest of the exhaust flows a bit better though.

My printed ITB manifold was getting a bit tired looking with a few cracks starting to develop.
It was still holding together fine but the idle quality was starting to get worse.
I'm fairly amazed it lasted that long though, and the main cracks had just spread out from some areas that got damaged when I first tightened it up. 
A++ would prototype in this manner again but definitely not a long term solution.

Looked nice with the black trumpets on it though.

527821226_126985763_10158031647752198_4786409791080352050_o(1).thumb.jpg.f4dbeff560cf79dfa64b04f9ba4d0da7.jpg

I'll still have the ECU and wideband in it though so I'll try wring some blood out of a stone in the economy stakes.

800km to a tank perhaps possible with lean burn strategy and some EGR? Usually around 650 on factory ECU. (from ~33 litres) which is 5l per 100km.

In the meantime I will keep slowly hoarding some bits for a prius motor swap.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 7

Also I remember when I drove the Echo to Nats in Nelson and people thought it was new and awful

But now...

Its not new anymore 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I'm definitely looking back at the 9752 "is my car oldschool?" forum posts and having a mild chortle

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hahahaha fingers crossed! 

Holy shit that windscreen banner is fucking amazing 

• Like 1