Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably keep on going until the clutch eventually gives up! Which is most likely scenario as this is still on the original one.

C series box is same-ish as used in the 2ZZ Celicas, 20V cars and so on. 

A 5000rpm launch is still not that much power in the scheme of things haha. 

Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

I think the Echo C series is a bit different to the C52/C56 etc that's found in AW11s, AE82/92/101/111. Should still be plenty strong, but I think the final drive and diff are different to the others (which means you can't transplant an LSD from a C52/6). 

Still, Murray's supercharged 1NZ has never had an issue with the gearbox, so you'll be sweet. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

When I was at Toyota we fit a TRD LSD to a turbo Vitz. Same part as an Altezza.

I had to look because I doubt the vitz has a 7.5" crown wheel like the Altezza? Interestingly the vitz LSD number matches the ones listed for AW11, AE92 etc

It would be incredibly convenient if true! 
As I've got a few F series LSDs kicking around haha.
I guess the OD of the crownwheel doesnt necessarily have to be the same in order for the bolts on the diff to be compatible.
But seems unlikely / I think I've heard of other people swapping normal C series LSD in.

I found someone that swapped the 1NZFXE 13:1 1500cc prius motor into an AW11, then put the normal 1NZ cams in it. 
But then they used the shit house factory intake manifold with the tiny throttle and a standard Echo ECU.
Lame on both counts.

Made 109-110hp atw by 5700rpm but then factory rev limiter cuts the fun short.
So maybe some potential there with better intake and more revs.
They're $500 engines so would almost be rude not to at some point...

But it's amazing this works at all on a completely wrong ECU haha. Probably why its got such a wonky powerband. knock control is probably having a hernia.

rtyuu.thumb.png.b06fa743e10f73f54dbd6de16b6b4b2b.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

It would be incredibly convenient if true! 
As I've got a few F series LSDs kicking around haha.
I guess the OD of the crownwheel doesnt necessarily have to be the same in order for the bolts on the diff to be compatible.
But seems unlikely / I think I've heard of other people swapping normal C series LSD in.

Yeah but the bolt patterns from memory are different like 10 bolts vs 6 bolts. Also FWD nuggets are wayyyyy shorter than RWD LSD's. Going on the TRD part numbers about 100 other C-series cars/models crosses over with the vitz part number so pretty good bet a C-series LSD works

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

wat.

got any 3.7/3.9 CW&P you dont want?

dont need the whole LSD, it would be nice, but at this point im just trying to find a lower F series ratio. 

Nah man theyre hard to find. Took years to find a 3.7 and we had to buy a whole car to get it.

Not sure if you can buy them new somehow.

Off topic and @sheepers probably knows this but yeah looks like they are $1100->$1200 new

from old toymods post (would have to verify this yourself)

image.png.05a986503abca2c9d386991743ec523e.png

then on amayama 3.7 ratio is ~$1100. Part number crosses over with hilux which is what people always say but never seen anyone find one IRL and swap it.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/4120129298

3.5 ratio slightly cheaper

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/4120139467

• Thanks 1