Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread

h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you're right I didn't buy treated ply, I have been thinking about getting some paint from the tip or some such.

Problem is I don't want everything on the property "Painted"

Good idea thanks Chas, my boys are pretty good at drawing dicks on things as it is without any encouragement/tutoring.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Slightly random, but i do this for a living, been learnign how to use old lathes, a mill, trying to start to learn to weld alloy with tig... can't wait till they teach me how to rewind rotors/ stators/ armatures haha...

Anyway,

Ford Zephyr Starter.. Original.. And denso gear reduction replacement for it..

We make these at work for ANYTHING and everything, done a few for rolls, a ferrari, heaps of old lada's + a 16.1:1 datsun race engine haha..

Pretty much take the customers sample to make up a gasket, and do some measurements and then make up a housing and then a heat up and tap fit plate ( welded if really needed - but not usually needed )

They look ace once been blasted and then skimmed on the lathe so shiney etc ( not like the one below forgot to take pic of it finished haha )

Maybe some of you dudes appreciate it - i find them quite fun to make :) and the customers always love not cranking the shit out of there old fucked starters haha

zephr str 2.jpg

zephr str.jpg

• Like 8

Yeah water, makes it 200kg. Was thinking concrete but that would make them 400kg roughly, and that might be a bit much for the poor old rideons.

The ground is lumpy af, so I figured they wouldn't do any harm. Will have to see after a few mows if it makes a difference. I did make some stripes on the better part of the grass. 

What could I put in them heavier than water, lighter than concrete? 

39 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

I considered buying a roller for my tractor but did some reading and found out that they actually weren't any good for what i wanted (flattening the ground out)

I heard similar. Like you have to fill holes not flatten bumps.

1 hour ago, flyingbrick said:

https://www.lawnsmith.co.uk/topic/lawn-cuttings/rolling-the-lawn this is the article I read.

Sorry for being a sad sack @Mof but might save ya some time.

Nah doesn't worry me. They cost me  $0 (not counting welding) and the mower's going around anyway so might as well stick it on the back. The ground is quite soft too so it might make a difference 

• Like 1