Jump to content

Lord Gruntfuttock

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Lord Gruntfuttock last won the day on November 18 2020

Lord Gruntfuttock had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

23,849 Excellent

About Lord Gruntfuttock

  • Rank
    official OS sex pest

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Interests
    Driving the wife mad by buying projects and tinkering in the shed at 5am...


  • Local Area

Recent Profile Visitors

2,186 profile views
  1. Front door, cleaned up old mastic and masking tape, quite time consuming, ended up using WD40 on dry old tape remnants and scraping off with plastic card... And same deal, made up a flat alloy bracket more rigid than the supplied one. Bit trickier clearing window glass, this is how things will sit behind panel, but more to the left, operating on the vertical lock rod... And mounting bar installed, had to drill one larger hole for access to bottom screw of actuator, which is slightly angled to align with rod... And mounted up, putting it here gave access to clamp on lock rod too.
  2. I just ride the Vespa in arseless leather chaps...
  3. Jeez, got a Harley and a Vespa. So confused...
  4. Rigged up a trial run last night, looks like it will go ok, lots of clearance for the window and nice straight line operation with a simple bend in the connecting rod. The supplied bracket was too flimsy though and bent at the indentations of the door panel when I tightened the screws, meaning the plunger fouled against the edge... So made up a sturdier alloy bracket to fix that at lunchtime today, bar was thick enough to tap the csk mounting scews. Tried operating it with a small 12V battery from one of the kids toys, but didn't have enough grunt to lock/unlock. Hopefully a better test s
  5. Been using the car a bit and one of the few modern things I miss is central locking. I'd bought a kit years ago but never put it in as it was a bit cheap looking, so shouted myself a new high-torque kit from Bluewire (Aus) that is supposed to be great for classic cars... And pulled a rear door card off, looks like back in the day I'd used masking/insul tape and almost gladwrap-spec plastic sheet as a moisture/dust barrier... So thought I'd do it properly, scraping off all the old mastic and cleaning things up first... And pulled the door mechanism out. Also wanted to free thing
  6. Really enjoyed seeing the startup vids, must be so encouraging. Loving the detailed progress updates, good to see an unloved old car being saved, watching with interest...
  7. So still looking at getting the old 90 legal, not sure I actually need indicators given the year, but it has front ones fitted and a switch on the bars so thought I'd fit rears to avoid any arguments. There's some holes in the rear guard so I sketched up a cardboard template and pressed it in place to get locations... And cut a couple of plates out of scrap metal, stacked them to drill holes then bolted together to shape so they were the same... And I'd joined the Barrys poking around the recycling centre to find a bit of scrap tube to use as a stand-off. Found some machined plungers
  8. Yeah sounds superb, but can't see it happening cos: Munro week next week Work commitments, bad time of year Too gay Mate I was thinking of going with is doing the same run a couple of weeks before (not on small pest bikes tho) Not gay enough Family holiday just after Haven't tested the CT more than round the block What is the right amount of gay for this anyway...?
  9. Screenshot of Ali, should be able to find from description... Seller was Autofly store, arrived pretty quickly...
  10. Still tidying things up, sadly my old sanyo tape deck had failed, couldn't change stations and wouldn't play tapes. That saddened me cos I have boxes of old tapes I was gonna punish the kids with... So pulled it out, was impressed with the stainless mounting plate I'd made yrs ago, all perfectly square, scribed lines, chassis punched holes... And putting in a cheap Ali stereo, taking the opportunity to tidy up some old wiring... There were also no front speakers under the speaker covers. Obviously nobody had taken any care in cutting holes in the kick panels... Chucked in
  11. Loving it. Sweet bikes once you sort the electrics. Bloke here has a Jota...
  12. Generally ignition, lights and accessories have their own circuits. So you could lose lights (for example) but still ride in daytime to get home. Idea is to segregate sections so a wiring fault doesn't trip everything. My accessories are only the horn and a 12v power socket... Can't remember what sizes I put in but every bike will be different anyway (LED lamps vs H4 etc). Think I asked forums what current draw was for ironhead igntn cct and went from that. 10 - 15A rings a bell? You don't want nuisance fuse operation, it's only for short circuit type protection to prevent sparks/fires.
  13. Sound plan. No harm in having an inline fuse. Little bit of extra work and cost but far cheaper than an electrical fire...
  14. Had a quick look. Seems there are inbuilt circuit breakers that will reset themselves, and led indication of status. Shit information from website tho, had to dig thru a few HD forums... HD seems to favour CBs that reset, I prefer fuses that let you know you have a problem until you fix it. When I wired the cafe' I just used a 4 fuse block with a main fuse to the key then back to separate fused circuits for ignition, lights and accessories. Then you either lose everything with a big fault, or the problem cct is isolated. Sorry I really don't know enough about that harness/system to a
  • Create New...