For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

I saw a T bucket that had pipes running from both rocker covers into the exhaust collectors for the crank case ventilation

Venturi effect to pull vacuum from the rocker cover pcv ?

Seems like a harder solution but certainly an out of the box idea

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this post on another forum

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=68619&forum=1

Straight up can a nazi police officer with a bad attitude roll you for this?

Is it in the WOF manual?

DAFUQ?

Doesn't need to be a nazi cop, just one with a 5/8 of a bit of knowledge

https://youtu.be/QHVerMBO-zE

• Like 2

for cert, an auto must indicate what gear is selected, so not just a diagram of the shift pattern, it has to show what gear it is in, like a factory vehicle, as well as having a functional inhibitor swtch to stop it being started in gear.

this has been hammered into us at training, due to an accident at a testing station fairly recently, one of the inspectors started the car in gear and squashed another inspector, and killed him.

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/56039/WoF-news-22-March-2016.pdf

manwell has no requirement for any sort of instructions though.

• Like 1

Old quote, I did a search for seat belt stuff and this seems to be the most relevant to my question .

if it was built before 31/10/1979 then it doesnt need any belts in the back. if the center rear belt has factory anchorages (ie belts were a factory option) then you should be right, if not then it would need cert. or take it out

So if my car is a 1977, if the back seat had seat belts (pretty sure I can see the mounting anchorages).  Do I need them in for a WOF?

are

are you..

are you asking a question in the thread you're supposed to be the keeper of?

& yea nah doubt it, you might be able to apply to P-Plates to get the old one & just rock it (similar to getting og black plates on a Car)

on other hand I dont think they drop off the system for a few years / 2 I think, as in you do not need to put trailers on hold similar to Classic cars (40 years)

Though I did buy a frame with an old black plate & at the time (2007 ish) I was told no its dead, get new plate

/ling

• Like 1

I wonder  if its the same in that you can apply to run the OG black plates if they are off the vehicle that has been deregistered?

Can for cars, dunno about trailer though.

Question. If a car didn't come out factory with front seat belts (1959) and and has no factory mounting points in the pan for front seat belts when it comes to getting a VIN does it then need to have front belts fitted which in turn meets fitting plates and getting a Low volume for it?

Not my car but just asking for someone. 

• Like 1

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vehicle-interior/seatbelts-and-seatbelt-anchorages#table753

First registered in NZ after 1 April 2002, but manufactured in 1959 requires static lap-and-diagonal seatbelt without a retractor at a minimum.

Not sure, but Cert process may require retractors?