For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received updated standards mail out, the suspension one has changed and says how ^ has to be done now. Same as its been known to be for a while but official now.

www.lvvta.org.nz is worth a look at, most of the standards have been updated with more info, and a lot of the changes are in an effort to make things easier.

Some of the standards haven't been updated on the website yet but should be soon

• Like 2

Hi Clint I have a coil over question 

I have a set of Fortune coil overs that were fitted to Berjjs e21, made at the same time as the ones Sparkle has fitted to his car.  

They are all welds are tested and certified, and the correct build process followed to make them legal. They have only done a couple of thousand Km.

Its still going to be a while before i will have my car driving, is there a time restriction/expiry for the work to allow them to be used and get the car certed. 

When you cert the car in the unknown future, is there a chance that the coilovers will not be up to standard as they were inspected X years ago?? 

Thanks. 

Hi Clint I have a coil over question 

I have a set of Fortune coil overs that were fitted to Berjjs e21, made at the same time as the ones Sparkle has fitted to his car.  

They are all welds are tested and certified, and the correct build process followed to make them legal. They have only done a couple of thousand Km.

Its still going to be a while before i will have my car driving, is there a time restriction/expiry for the work to allow them to be used and get the car certed. 

When you cert the car in the unknown future, is there a chance that the coilovers will not be up to standard as they were inspected X years ago?? 

Thanks. 

if they are the same as sparkles then they should be ok, i dont think there is a time limit on the crack test, it will probably be a case of proving they are the same parts...worst case you may have to get them tested again

Reregistering a car, and have replaced the brake master cylinder with something more modern and larger (old one shagged and done its dash). Does it require a cert or is that maintenence? (Will be getting appropriate one based on advice from brake shop)

More to the point, how easy is it to trick the WOF man of said master cyl upgrade on a car he's probably never seen before, that it was always meant ot be like that :P

Wipe it with greasy hands then half clean it with a rag/throw some dust at it.

Best way IMO is go get Vin assigned to car, proceed with cert etc, then get the actual re reg inspection done after cert is done.

Get heaps of people get all panicky and shitty cause they are running out of the 28 days you get for re reg inspection recheck, it's not easy to get it all done in that time if it needs repairs and a cert check then repairs for that as well, and get a cert plate in time

• Like 3

Hey just a quick not that old school but do extended ball joints require certification. Iv got a wof twice before with them (vtnz and toyota) but my latest wof they want me to get a email/pice of paper from a certifier to say they don't need a cert otherwise I can't get passed? Just wondering about the logistics of it all.

Ps it's a press fit style ball joint. Made by Amada Extreme for a KUN26R Hilux.