Jump to content

Snoozin

Members
  • Posts

    12423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Snoozin last won the day on March 26 2021

Snoozin had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About Snoozin

  • Birthday 09/17/1982

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Converted

  • Local Area
    Auckland

Recent Profile Visitors

2673 profile views

Snoozin's Achievements

Committed

Committed (5/5)

17.4k

Reputation

  1. Sold at paddock skids. Might need 4x4 and low range at the moment though...?
  2. Project Binky levels of bracketry there, my good man!
  3. So far, this has been going pretty well. Aside from some problems with cracking on the headers, the car has run pretty well. There's a few tune-based things to tidy up but nothing that really affects the drivability. All the Pioneer stereo gear is now functional. I use a Bluetooth cassette adaptor off Aliexpress to enable me to retain total tape functionality and play tunes from Spotify. It works much better than expected. I also went to town on my cert-spec wheels, as I figured it best look pretty good when I do have to take it for a WOF! Results as below. KP61 Night 21-04-16-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr KP61 Night 21-04-37-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr KP61 Night 21-04-44-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr KP61 Night 21-04-49-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr
  4. Jump on Amayama - I bet you'll be able to get most bolts, genuine. You probably won't find your chassis number but you'll find a Japanese market model and most of those fasteners will be identical. Way better than bolt shop bolts, with their silly 13mm heads etc.
  5. From the limited information at hand, it looks like it might be a prime example to ruin with some slam and wheels! Still has a radio blanking plate? That's rad.
  6. Fitted up the TE37, finally. The tyres are Lakesea Gredge 07RS semi slicks, a re-branded Zestino that's a 140TW DOT rated semi. They were meant to be Zestino, but the local distro got sent an incorrect batch of 205/45/16 only with the Lakesea branding. Subsequently, these were specialled off at $50 per tyre, which I decided was a no-brainer to get the TE's shod in some rubber. I like the look, although I think I prefer it best on the RG still. DC2R Phone (63)-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr DC2R Phone (64)-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr The classic Honda driveway exit pose. DC2R Phone (60)-Edit by Richard Opie, on Flickr
  7. I like the idea of a press-fit plug/stub. Thread it, weld in a nipple and be done. You could even machine an o-ring groove in it.
  8. Jeeez man get some sticky tyres on that, put a piece of railway iron in the back for a swaybar and go and 3-wheel like hell around all those lovely roads around your way.
  9. That silver KP Starlet at OS Drags last time, had a sprint car Winters in it.
  10. Cert achieved! Next step is to make the exhaust a little quieter and then get a wof
  11. Haha, I am ok for center caps, I have original ones for all the sets of wheels I use on the car. I do have a KP62V grille with the deer badge on it though.
  12. Those pics were shot for this. It was a compromised shoot, as it was during L4 lockdown and I'm not totally chuffed on the photo results but here we are. I'm a bit embarrassed about it, there's a handful of other cars in the issue that probably should have been cover, instead of a lower cost lower power KP Starlet. But buy it if you feel like you'd be interested in reading the story, I tried my best to get the point across that I didn't really do anything on this car, I just made a bunch of decisions and was lucky enough to have a small group of very talented friends who sacrificed their own time to help me put this thing together. 20211019_154109-01 by Richard Opie, on Flickr So, 6-ish weeks ago I took this in to see @cletusfor it's cert as mentioned above, and have been working towards attaining this. Overall, the initial check went pretty well, and was a good example of why you should probbaly talk to your cert guy prior to undertaking any sort of project of magnitude. In the interests of transparency and maybe helping other people, it failed on the following: Tyre rub on all four corners (fitted the Star Brights for cert and they're just a shade too wide at 6.5J -2 with a 185) - new set of 14x6J -10 SSR Longchamps XR-4 fitted Skid plate required for modified or custom fuel tank as it's less than 200mm from the ground - sheeper helped out and we've knocked up a little skid plate to cover A few extra fuel and brake line clips required - ew yuck I had to drill holes for rivnuts Return spring required on brake pedal - small bracket made up to fit a spring that goes to a small hole drilled in brake pedal webbing 2 of the 6xM6 bolts in the Recaro bases were missing so needed to replace those - bolts installed Seat rails to floor adaptor M8 bolts required nyloc nuts in lieu of threaded plate - nuts installed Heatshielding required for fuel line on diff (close to exhaust at droop) - DEI heatshield sleeve added to the diff, really neat velcro-baced split sleeve that makes life easy Camber to be corrected to maximum of -1.5 degrees - realigned by old mate Kieran to comply Right rear shock just fouling on 4-link bracket - bracket clearanced with ye olde flapdisk and repainted Trim adjustable platform threads on diff to allow bump stop to contact properly - again, ye olde flapdisk came to the party Here she is on her cert feet which are yet to be restored and shinied up, I've also given my stock KP fender mirrors a lick of factory charcoal and reinstated these. 20211107_195603-01 by Richard Opie, on Flickr Recheck is tomorrow so wish me luck.
×
×
  • Create New...