For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

so you dont need to split the wheels to fit the tyres?

do they have bead humps in the rim?

i feel your pain regarding tubes, i had untold problems with tubes in a set of wheels i had.

I've checked in with my tyre guy, and he says he has to split them because of a tall rim on the wheel. He's given me a recommendation for Royce Clive Engineering, who he says will get a rim and make up a wheel to suit. I'll report back later.

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've checked in with my tyre guy, and he says he has to split them because of a tall rim on the wheel. He's given me a recommendation for Royce Clive Engineering, who he says will get a rim and make up a wheel to suit. I'll report back later.

Knew Royce years ago - knows his onions. :-)

Hi,

Warning - boring  new school question

Is there standard wording that should be used for identifying an ABS delete?

I will be using parts from an equivalent non ABS spec model including proportioning valve and along with a caliper master cylinder and disc upgrade / rear drum to disc conversion etc.. 

Also - Airbag removal the wording makes it sound like this can be done two ways, either on certification (no cage and harnesses required) or through authority card with cage and harness?

reason I ask as i'm considering keeping my track beater to WOF standard but may not jump into a cage straight away. 

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just curious if you re-drill holes for coilovers can this pass a cert/wof or is it weakening the structure and a big no-no?

photo as example:

bq1mv04y.mty.jpg

would need cert.

i have seen someone do that, where all they needed to do was swap left to right and rotate it

• Like 3

Hi,

Warning - boring  new school question

Is there standard wording that should be used for identifying an ABS delete?Cert plate would state "ABS system removed"

I will be using parts from an equivalent non ABS spec model including proportioning valve and along with a caliper master cylinder and disc upgrade / rear drum to disc conversion etc.. Sounds fine

Also - Airbag removal the wording makes it sound like this can be done two ways, either on certification (no cage and harnesses required) or through authority card with cage and harness? Correct

reason I ask as i'm considering keeping my track beater to WOF standard but may not jump into a cage straight away. 

thank you

Whats the recommended method for shortening a steering rack?

I was thinking I should be able to have the rack shaft machined, but for the housing it would need to be cut & welded.

Is that OK or does it fall into the "steering component therefore NO WELDING" category?

• Like 1

Hi there. I have searched and found a bit of info regarding side exit exhausts. My question is, I know I can exit the pipe out the side as long as its behind the cabin, directs the gases away from the vehicle etc etc. But can that pipe be say 500mm from the ground?? out the side? My car is mid engined and it makes it very easy to do so just before the rear guard at a height of around 500mm.  I suppose in a similar place to where a normal fuel filler door may be.

Thanks in advance.

I was surprised to read (I think on the lvvta forum) that the exhaust only needs to vent away from the PASSENGER compartment..

The question was specifically about a ute and he was told he could dump under the car if he desires.

Maybe in your situation this would also be ok

• Like 2

Hi there. I have searched and found a bit of info regarding side exit exhausts. My question is, I know I can exit the pipe out the side as long as its behind the cabin, directs the gases away from the vehicle etc etc. But can that pipe be say 500mm from the ground?? out the side? My car is mid engined and it makes it very easy to do so just before the rear guard at a height of around 500mm. I suppose in a similar place to where a normal fuel filler door may be.

Thanks in advance.

That would be OK, make sure you can't burn yourself on it if it is adjacent to an entry point, and if it sticks out past the body it has to have a 3 mm radius on any bits facing forward

Hi Clint!

So I have done the pcd on my new discs and am mocking up things on the floor for my caliper mounts.

It's proving to be a bit trickier than I'd planned (there was no planning)

Can I remove the steering lock nubbin (it conflicts with where an adaptor might go) and instead incorporate it into the back of my actual adaptor?

Also, not really necessary BUT in the photo you can see the caliper mounting flangie poking the middle of my caliper.

Could I cut this off and drill/tap a new hole in the cast iron further in?

It's all similar material thickness etc.

20160627_182506.jpg