si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers gang re- steering wheel

so.. put the wheel on and take it for a wof

then if needed a $95 letter to lvvta tac and whatever flaming hoops come from that

guess i'll have to make the 10" by 6" deep wildcat quite sturdy.

ps. no chain steering wheels, theyre outside someone elses house with the 'terminator' made form sparkplugs and gearbox guts

• Like 3

I can just imagine having chain picked out of your face in hospital after being in an accident.

Ive seen what wheels such as momo and wildcat do after a persons face get smashed into them.

Got myself a face full of 3 spoke nardi goodness, mean gash on the forehead and fractured skull with a brain bleed to go with it. nice little hospital stay.

When a so called mate drove my car into a tree and put me into the windsheild hard enough to break it, he put a pretty mean bend in my wildcat wheel with his face. I was able to straighten it out though. And reuse it on my next datsun.

• Like 3

What are the rules around the centre hole on a wheel? I just noticed that the centre hole on the wheels on my dad's ute is about 20 mm bigger diameter than the spigot and there is no way that the wheel is being accurately located with respect to the central axis. I think this is unsafe and should fail it on a WoF (even though it hasn't for the last 5 years or so).

Here's a potato pic:

11716097_10153488378437049_1397673148_n.

Should I draw some sort of alignment spacermajig up in solidworks and get them made for it?

Keep getting told I need two return springs on my carb.

I have two springs on my cable bracket but its HEAVY.

Just realised there is of course a spring on the carb itself.. Does that count as ONE? SO ONLY NEED ONE EXTRA?

Of you every enter into a drag day or similar you will need two springs.
  • Like 2

So your wheels don't need to be hubcentric for cert?

My wheels didn't need anything special - not hub-centric at all - and got certed with no issues.

You don't need a cert just for different wheels anyway.

Nothing in the virm (WOF) rules either

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/tyres,-wheels-and-hubs/tyres-and-wheels