Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

1 hour ago, jakesae101 said:

Those tohatsu pumps were great but jesus they were the loudest thing ever during training we had to wait to fire them up until mid morning as not to wake the neighbors. This is a racecar tho it needs a wajax pump….

The model with the Sachs rotary?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Little L brackets between underside of wing and the hatch. And some riv nuts near the leading edge.

received_846590326455633.jpeg.c1b18543cae3967f6c7e306e1c19d564.jpeg

@h4nd one theory my dad has, is that since theres no alternator on the factory engine, the 12v supply is highly regulated and stable. So I might just be running it outside of what its designed for in that regard. But the data sheet for that capacitor shows its susceptible to both heat and vibration, so it could also just be a 9000rpm thing.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Roman said:

@h4nd one theory my dad has, is that since theres no alternator on the factory engine, the 12v supply is highly regulated and stable.

Interesting. How much current? Could loan / find you a DC/DC converter to keep its supply clean.

• Like 1

I'm no electrical engineer, take this with a grain of salt, I'd have thought the vehicles battery would do a very good job of smoothing voltage across the entire vehicle? or @Roman do you think even the increase to 14.5v during charge is likely too much of a fluctuation? If you need more smoothing just throw in a small bank of capacitors to take out higher frequency oscillations

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flyingbrick said:

I'm no electrical engineer, take this with a grain of salt, I'd have thought the vehicles battery would do a very good job of smoothing voltage across the entire vehicle? or @Roman do you think even the increase to 14.5v during charge is likely too much of a fluctuation? If you need more smoothing just throw in a small bank of capacitors to take out higher frequency oscillations

Nah battery isn't quite enough. You can hear your ignition through your AM radio.

Bit of potting around at risk components is a legit idea, probably already done by Toyota though.

We cut our crystal failure rate after ultrasonic welding by thirty just by potting them first

Also, I'm not an electrical engineer so don't take everything I say for gospel

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yowzer said:

I still think a ESC from a RC car / drone is worth investigating haha

No idea if they'd actually be compatible with the motor, but I don't see why not, pretty sure they're just a regular brushless design.

Rc escs get their control signal as a pwm from the receiver so a link ecu should be able to drive one no problem … water pump controller $250+
Rc 200amp esc - $60-80 … 

• Like 1