Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread

h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I Bought my kids these scooters from Kmart christmas last year they go pretty well 24 volt 100watt my sons batterys carked it after about 4 months though..... 

as they are with me on it batterys last about 10 minutes 25 with a 7 year old there 25k,s downhill is about it.

e7uXIPu.jpg

this is version 2.0 after my son cooked the motor a brand new $80 scooter was bought this is a bit different to his old one having a belt drive the old one was chain driven

Add 2 Milwaukee M18 batterys $120 Each and its a bloody weapon in the wet i can spin the back wheel about 15 meters or ride it too the liquor shop no worries (ive Governed it for my son)

lasts at least an hour hooning around.

U0HODp4.jpg

Ive now got his old one with a burned out motor i'm thinking what to do with it 2x 56 volt batterys and a 500  watt aliexpress motor would be a hoot.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Made a Start on pricing up a big wattage electric motor cheap as chips..... Batterys and charger though fuck me are dear never mind i got this!87cc 4 stroke will do instead

YzdvB5Kb.jpg

Fits sweet between the rails think i'll be needing a bigger rear wheel though if i offset the motor 60mm i can go direct to the wheel if its centralised i'll need a jackshaft a centrifugal clutch would be nice as this motor has a mean kick back sometimes would hate to knock it off the stand and watch it fuck off on its own.

Half considering buying an electric hubmotor and using an alternator feeding a capicitor for drive like a prius but less effective.

Would use the old electronic speed controller that's still there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that botophucket works again, i can show off the record cabinet i built over Christmas. The slowly collapsing cube boxes perched on the speaker just weren't going to cut it, and it was a good excuse to categorise some records properly. So I donned my best Al Borland flannel, and $50 worth of MDF and a few hours resulted in this:

IMG_8000_zpsfiwt54or.jpg

Much better.

• Like 2