Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok stupid question time, can I paint my radiator or get it done nice somewhere? Been looking at the below build thread and thinking how much nicer the black rad looks in an OS bay. Mins is a big (factory + 50%) aluminium unit. Cant imagine any insulation effect from the paint would affect it much. 

http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=247235

Fuel pressure gauge ... Install on high pressure feed line or on return line after regulator ? Or does it make no difference ? 

Seems te aftermarket fuel pressure regs have them on the reg so that's after injectors ... Any thoughts ? 

• Like 1

So i am completing a dash swap on one of my cars, its almost complete but the Cel glows dimly when not activated. I suspect this is because LED now instead of normal bulb activated by grounding

A 2kohm resistor deals to the glow but does reduce brightness when light is activated-  could i use some other wizardry, to eliminate glow and maintain full brightness when activated?

I could add a relay i guess but seems bit over the top.

Led's are soldered to pcb on the cluster.

32 minutes ago, Nominal said:

You need to know the pressure at the injectors, so just before the regulator would be OK, or on the feed side at the start of the injector rail.

Ok thanks best spot for physical space seems to be at end of hardline from tank /pump to engine bay and before the short braided line to injector rail 

12 minutes ago, Firetruck said:

You currently have the resistor in series with the led? Try putting it across / n parallel with the led instead.

Not actual resistor- decade box to fiddle with happy median, but yes in series.

Presumably its something to do with how the ecu switches on the CEL, the bulb on the other dash didn't glow as far as i could see. 

Parallel across may work, would putting a conventional  bulb in series confirm my theory?