Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

Cembre-Heat-Shrinkable-Butt-Crimp-Connec

Good ones like this with heat shrink built in/on.

Not those shit narva ones.

Personally I would solder and shrink, you're not going to get much vibration when they're all wrapped up in a loom

• Like 2

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious as I saw carsnz123 posted that that about crown diffs in the tech sticky forum. I have a different out of one in my pile of diffs. And wasn't sure what it might be.  If the tezza lsd nuggets fit, how good are they? Folk say the hilux slippers are up to fuck all when you exert some serious duress on them. (Don't stay tight for long)

Since we're talking ms65's, what motor did they have? I've got a w50 bell housing from the same car too. 

16 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I was just curious as I saw carsnz123 posted that that about crown diffs in the tech sticky forum. I have a different out of one in my pile of diffs. And wasn't sure what it might be.  If the tezza lsd nuggets fit, how good are they? Folk say the hilux slippers are up to fuck all when you exert some serious duress on them. (Don't stay tight for long)

Since we're talking ms65's, what motor did they have? I've got a w50 bell housing from the same car too. 

If it was an MS65, it probably had an M in it.

• Like 2

Wow. Toyota and their crazy chassis codes huh.

was there single cam versions of the M series? I thought the likes of the 5m, and the 7m-bhg were dohc?  Pretty sure that this crown was a sohc.  I like learning bout stuff. I can repeat what I've heard at parties, and people think I'm tons smarter than I really is.

• Like 3

Mates cousin had a lux axle behind a 13BPP. He conducted stationary cooling system tests with high frequency. He gave up getting them tightened up, and went to a spool. Given the one video I saw of one such test,  it was not suprising his lsd kept getting loose. Twas a good few years ago now. As he swapped out the PP for  T, I don't know what flavour of slipper he runs now.

yeh hilux lsd's are junk.  they have no ramps,  just rely on preload. so once you go past the preload they will single spin.   can preload the shit out of them, but then its just a locker.
unlike a proper clutch type lsd, the more power you throw at them the harder they will lock up

• Like 1