Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

You cant compare the modern cars, they get so much better all the time and the rules are constantly making changes to reduce the aero so the racing stays exciting (the wings have shrink shit loads). The modern cars could do insane shit with more/different wing, the rules opened up for under-body shit, exhaust in the rear wing and all that jazz. Fan car FTW though.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Linux photo upright, and date / time correction (you know, actual cameras, and timezones).

ubuntu default photo editor ...

...  doesn't save changes to file ....

bug list...

\blah blah

..."everyone else doesn't honour the exif rotate flag".

Marked "will not fix".

Fuck you linux.

Thinking about adding a second battery to a van, wanting to keep it isolated from the main battery, any reason I couldn't use a couple big diodes to stop it draining the main battery but still let it charge off the alt?

Have seen the proper kits, but surely there pretty simple/can be made cheaper?

I was putting in some lower spring to some mac struts last night, and noticed that the top hat and strut centres are eccentric - in my head this has an impact on caster and camber, but not sure where to align it initially (one of the 1st stops once car is back together is alignment)

What's the car? Depends how many bolt holes it has but I know (for example) with the sw20 mr2 you can turn the strut top 180° to add caster and in turn (lol, pun) increase front end grip.

(It's been a few years, hope my memory is right)

Its an st215 caldina. It has the plate you bolt to the strut tower and is fastened to the threaded strut. This holds down a plate/hat below it thats on top of the spring. Its this plate/hat thats eccentric to the strut hole.

I might need to grab a pic to explain

question for some peeps

Thermo fan switches

I'm looking at putting a Radiator hose inline adapter thing to run my thermo fan, ie, fitting in a thermo fan switch.

2jzge Thermostat opens at 82 degrees

I would safely assume you wouldn't want a switch that closes below this temp, as thermostat would constantly be opening and closing,

So what sort range do you people think I should be looking for here?

was guessing something along the lines if this

http://www.tridon.com.au/products/Tridon/35/483/switches-and-sensors/2014/thermo-fan-switches/283/TFS111

open at 95, closes at 90. Seems like reasonable temp range.....

I understand there are other factors here to consider, ie fan efficiency, but I assume it would be a good place to start?

Just to add, fan is like a 16 inch jobbie

IMG_0273_zps783e4210.jpg

And yeah.

that, is my story. Any suggestions would be epic