Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/05/2024 at 15:16, Nominal said:

Anyone used Robinsons for speedo calibration?

OK? Timely service?

Their website doesn't inspire confidence, but maybe they are better at doing things than building websites.

image.png.8c1e13645807a63d164243be5fc1b87c.png

I used them for my Holden, they made the Commodore fuel gauge sender work the EJ Fuel gauge. Not too bad price. They also rebuilt the speedo after it failed compliance, still 1962 Holden quality but made the compliance people happy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because I'm too cool for CAD and im sick of using the kitchen table. Drawing board project. 

Pretty much impossible to find any info on these NTI units, but I'll figure the fine adjustment out while I pull it to pieces and the ADHD on to a totally different project 

20240508_143802.jpg

• Like 6

Mk1 seems to work. Board is hinged, will flip up horizontal to give access to where I can hide my lollies from mimi-me. The lower horizontal board can be folded up behind the drawing board, but is very important for holding cups of tea. 

Figured out the fine adjustment knobs (angle indicator has a vernier scale) and the overall alignment. 

Will need a disasembly and good clean up.

I will need to find suitable rulers, will probably just make some moubts and epoxy them to a 500 and 300mm clear ruler

now I can hide in the spare room like a loner 

Screenshot_20240509_193106_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1