Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nay, ran out of time again. Hah.

Fuel reg for FC. Is running at like a ,million PSI and no fuel is coming out the return of fuel reg. Got another one from PAP and it did the same? Coincidence? Cos it should let it gush.

Pretty sure i havn't.

The reg on the end of the 2nd fuel rail.

So pressure goes into fuel rail and excess goes out of the reg. If my assumptions are correct.

Have even swapped input and return lines, just in case, and it doesn't let fuel through either way...

But seems weird that one i got of a crashed car at PAP, that looks exactly the same as the mazda one, behaves in exactly the same way.

(fuel rail isn't blocked, cos it gushes if i undo the pressure reg).

Aliens.

But its so simple. I don't know what else could be wrong.

One way gets all the fuel pressure in the rail, and none returning from rail.

The other way gets no fuel pressure in rail and none in return.

So fuel pressure reg is stopping petrol from flowing either way. (i know it should only flow one way)

Also, i'm pretty sure its not the fuel pressure being too low either. As when is plumbed up so the fuel rail has pressure. It literally is pumping petrol out of the exhaust its running so rich.

So yeah, appears to be fuel reg issues to me....

I can start it with fuel pump switched off while cranking. (it has that much fuel pressure in stock) haha.

Halogen tube bulbs in worklamps popped. I have ~R7 lamps. The first replacements didn't fit, So I investigate further.

Old bulbs were 79mm. 

New bulbs were 77.95. Recesses in new bulbs were deeper, too, exacerbating poor fit.

I found listings online for 78, 79 AND 80mm.

I took the lamp itself to Mitre10, the Philips bulbs were too short, the GM were ok, and there was a separate one on the shelf, listed as 88.3mm.

W.

T.

F.

Loose connectors fire-hazard much?

Lamp / bulb manufacturers need to start firing engineers who don't speak manufacturing tolerances.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on if hot dip zinc/galvanizing would fill pin holes in welding?

Got a small steel fuel tank with a pile of pin holes (I can't weld), couple of people have suggested getting it dipped to A: seal the leaks and B: line the inside to prevent rust.

Almost sounds legit to me.