Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 318 in my vg has been in there for 8? years 

I had the block decked 40thou and the heads 10 so the intake fannymold didn't bolt up properly/at all 

the gaskets were left on the bench , used that good grey rtv on the water jackets and ends of the block, and blue hylomar on the intake ports and its been mint, bolted up perfect without the gaskets 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, cletus said:

...good grey rtv on the water jackets and ends of the block, and blue hylomar on the intake ports and its been mint, bolted up perfect without the gaskets 

I have 2T head gasket troubles, no spare handy and I am lazy. You may have just provided an alternative option...

• Like 1

I think horizontal shaft motors spin slower and more steady like because any faster and the long canvas belt will pop off and then necessitate Barry to have to put is mug of tea down, clamber out from his $10 fold up chair and urgently wobble over to shut that damn thing down before the display is ruined.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

I think horizontal shaft motors spin slower and more steady like because any faster and the long canvas belt will pop off and then necessitate Barry to have to put is mug of tea down, clamber out from his $10 fold up chair and urgently wobble over to shut that damn thing down before the display is ruined.

or is it due to utlising the rock-chucker (grass-blade ) as a counter weight?

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a good cheap source or have hookups for stainless exhaust pipe combo bends. I'm after some 1.75" combos to build some extractors.

I've found this guy, but he's out of stock, and hasn't replied to my queries as of yet.
https://fabdepot.co.nz/products/304-stainless-steel-uj-combo-bend?_pos=1&_sid=51671a6fe&_ss=r&variant=40937386737829

5 hours ago, Goat said:

Does anyone know of a good cheap source or have hookups for stainless exhaust pipe combo bends. I'm after some 1.75" combos to build some extractors.

I've found this guy, but he's out of stock, and hasn't replied to my queries as of yet.
https://fabdepot.co.nz/products/304-stainless-steel-uj-combo-bend?_pos=1&_sid=51671a6fe&_ss=r&variant=40937386737829

https://stickyflanges.co.nz

Or aliex if you are in no hurry 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goat said:

Give Simon at MaxFab in Tauranga a buzz. He's a good sort and has heaps of stock. 

• Like 1

For years stainless in odd sizes has not been imported. I needed a chunk of 1 5/8in tube for a customer bike exhaust. Customer was going to Oz on business so I did some ringing around over there and he wound up hand carrying 2m of tube back with him. Autobend ChCh bent it for me and wanted to know where I'd got it from. Their suppliers in NZ wouldn't bring in what they wanted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3