PAINT THREAD

dylan

4 hours ago, ThePog said:

Brush on would be ok for a lot of what I am doing...

I do know someone coming to chch in the next couple of days, what part of town are you?

Happy to flick some cash your way.

Dang, I just drove back from chch today.. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Where do you guys get gun wash from, and is it cheaper/better than thinners for cleaning out your guns?

also I don’t have a gun wash machine soo would an old steel pot suffice? I currently just clean parts off in a mixing cup but reckon the paint pots need a good soak. 

About paint pots, do any of you use the disposable type? I’m thinking about getting these https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/product/sagola-dpc400-paint-cup-kit-400ml-different-grades-available-ptdpc-400-125-ptdpc-400-190/ as they’re name brand and cheapest on that website. Aliex do them too but it’s always a risk with them. 

• 3 weeks later...

In semi-related paint-barry chat i have an expensive Legend house paint brush that got gummed up with water based paint+insufficient cleaning+years of storage

I bought some resene brush cleaner which is toluene i think. Maybe the same as gun wash?

i soaked the brush in that for a while and it’s brought it back to life

Hey all, does anyone have any tips for prepping and spraying textured interior plastic? I've been looking on YouTube and most of the videos seem to talk about smoothing it out first and are aimed at exterior parts like bumpers and door handles.

This is what I'm working with:

20240306_143340.jpg.44622c1fb020ba52bd9cce25b14dbdd3.jpg

2 hours ago, zep said:

Hey all, does anyone have any tips for prepping and spraying textured interior plastic? I've been looking on YouTube and most of the videos seem to talk about smoothing it out first and are aimed at exterior parts like bumpers and door handles.

This is what I'm working with:

20240306_143340.jpg.44622c1fb020ba52bd9cce25b14dbdd3.jpg

Do you want to keep texture or smooth out?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm about to get the landy vapour blasted as it has too much bog and house paint on it. It has been an eternity since I have painted a car in bare metal and I'm not sure I have ever done alloy panels. Is Epotec primer still a thing? 

Body.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2024 at 16:11, dmulally said:

I'm about to get the landy vapour blasted as it has too much bog and house paint on it. It has been an eternity since I have painted a car in bare metal and I'm not sure I have ever done alloy panels. Is Epotec primer still a thing? 

Body.jpg

I used epotec 408 on some panel repairs to the Defender cos its all I had a the time and its still sticking.

Think @nzstato had some fancy aluminium primer for his?

• Thanks 1