I got followed tonight.....

D1RTY6

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or tell the general public you've got one, so they can rip it out

If someone is going to skip past all the other cars on here and work out how to disable my alarm system to steal a lada, jokes on them, it'll prob break down before they leave my driveway!

lol this is funny, just think about the application of this idea vs your the car thief . . .  just making something that would mask the signal the entire time , having to have the same mask at home covering the place its stored in, and covered for at least a few weeks or until you found the gps unit and ripped it out . they have back up battery too so you can still contact it for a few weeks with out vehicle batter power . . . also  they don't have to make noise, they can just be there silently transmitting, the whole time and the thief doesn't know its there to make the craze faraday cover in the first place. 

you can install it in the boot or under b pillars , anywhere at all , its tiny.

this is not 100 percent fail safe but its so far the most effective way of using current technology to fight back against car theft. far  better than a car with just flashing lights and single immobilize system. this gives you the chance to get it back , and its all we really care about at the heart of it .

Thats what I was thinking, how much effort would one have to put in? theoretically its possible, but in practice?

• Like 1

Are GPS trackers any good in cars that don't get driven often? i.e. project cars that sit in the garage.

I had a cheap one in the daily I got off the tard, it drains the battery within a week if I don't drive the car.

They dont need a faraday cage, they just need to goto the wops. Or somewhere with an underground concrete carpark also may work.

This said the GPS thing does seem a good option in general. Otherwise own weird unfashionable vehicles

• Like 1

Had a car in at work today with a GPS tracker. You could tell by the box sitting in front of the center console with "GPS Tracker" printed on it.

Please hide your GPS trackers.

You'd put a ham sandwich in that box, ideally.  You just use the labeling as a deterrent much like the flashing light of an alarm.  Sure if someone really wants it they won't care but if having it there might stop some of the opportunistic thieves.