Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New U bolts have already been made. (By a shop, who roll their threads etc) 

If not for the abnormally large dowel diameters it would be no hassle. I'm just going to use m13 cap screws, with a bush spun up in the lathe.  Cost, almost nothing. 

These are for Karls diesel ceddy. We paid the guys who make the U bolts to make blocks for his old diesel Cedric.  But I wasn't happy with how sloppy the holes were. (Just like your collective mothers)   

I had u bolts made for my 620 at the same time. And I made blocks in the same fashion. 

There probably is some merit in having some wiggle room in the dowel to block area. But I like the piece of mind of knowing shit is tight.

Bellemy and east in chch make them. 

They used to be really good too. (Read cheap) but now they have a brand new building, a new office, and jacked up prices. Used to be rock in, give a sample and pay a good price. But they were all job card and big price spec now. I even got ganked ĺist price plus their ten percent for the nuts.  I know what I can buy nuts for at trade, and theirs was much more. To be fair my nuts (I got mine and Karls U bolts made at the same time) were deep nuts (taller stz) but I think  I got boned  $12 for the eight.

I think the sets were 60-70 ish.

• Thanks 1

Anyone know what sort of place I would try to buy fibre glass small gauge rod from? Thinking about a plan to get curtains into my wag. Want something semi flexible to be able to support the curtains between the top and bottom of the glass.  Also like cb Arial stuff..... 

Im sure it exists. I just don't know why or what for haha.

Maybe small sports flag poles.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

Anyone know what sort of place I would try to buy fibre glass small gauge rod from? Thinking about a plan to get curtains into my wag. Want something semi flexible to be able to support the curtains between the top and bottom of the glass.  Also like cb Arial stuff..... 

Im sure it exists. I just don't know why or what for haha.

Maybe small sports flag poles.....

Kilwell will do tube down to 4mm id, cheap as chips too

Otherwise, try @ajg193