• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2017 at 20:25, h4nd said:

TiA nerd pals.

Which OS?

I got proven wrong the other day when I refitted a mates PC with a bunch of my hardware and just plugged his hard drive in. A couple of restarts and it was booting sweet and he's had zero issues. Hardware was totally different. Windows 10 life. I said nah mayte, it will shit the bed, 0% chance that will work.

As for cloning, have used Acronis, but that was replacing HDD with SSD, in windows 7 and no hardware change, other than the obvious.

2 hours ago, Bling said:

Which OS?

I got proven wrong the other day when I refitted a mates PC with a bunch of my hardware and just plugged his hard drive in. A couple of restarts and it was booting sweet and he's had zero issues. Hardware was totally different. Windows 10 life. I said nah mayte, it will shit the bed, 0% chance that will work.

As for cloning, have used Acronis, but that was replacing HDD with SSD, in windows 7 and no hardware change, other than the obvious.

Was windows 10 pro. Laplink PC mover had the best go. At the last minute moving the DLLs over, then the faeces hit the fleecies.. In retrospect, I found I had a faulty ram stick, may have been the cause, but laplink tech support was good, and then refunded when I said I'd had to manually build the OS and reinstall.

Mixed bag with just moving them, sometimes they work, sometimes not, it seems. The other issue is that usually a SSD is smaller than the HDD its replacing, which complicates the cloning.

Hmmm interesting. That's a bugger though! SSD's are pretty cheap now, so its not too bad to get similar sized drives now thankfully. I backed up the previously mentioned system just in case, but was amazed it just shuffled some files around and worked fine.

Where would I get a set of universal HT leads i can cut to the right length that have straight boots at the distributor end and eather straight or anything upto 90 at the plug end?

Under no circumstances do I want gray boots or boots with the big thick blobby shit for puling the lead off the plug 

2 hours ago, rustisize said:

If it's for your V8, i think copper core is better for the coils.  But i always forget what kind of coil you're using on that thing.

I have now got an electronic hall effect distributor and high energy coil, I carn't use copper leads anymore as they give off interference witch can screw with the trigger.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, h4nd said:

What usage? how many jibberwatts, for how long?

Stereo fluro lights compressor 150amp mig welder assorted powertools

Not at the all being used atsame time obviously cause im not an octopus.

Got a dumb idea in my head to find a diesel powered something and run it off chip oil 

• Like 1