Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

If you are talking about ditching the cats in your new daily, I wouldn't. Modern stuff have oxygen sensors after the cats to check they are working and will bring on the CEL if removed. 

Easily fixed be spacing them out

Uh. You really don't know a lot do you?

But yah if you have a post-cat sensor ya can't easily ditch it. On the other hand, if you don't have a post-cat oxygen sensor you're all good.

If it has a temp probe on the cat, more than likely it ain't gonna give a fuck if it's unplugged. Test it first though.

Have you guys got any ideas for improving cold starts ? My SR250 is taking a good 10-15 minutes of 1/4 throttle before sustaining idle. Cant leave it to idle on its own even with full choke as it dies. 

Have put a fresh plug in it and gave the carb a cursory once over with injector cleaner,  hasnt made any decent improvements. 

I was assuming its just been the cold weather, but even with daily use its not getting any better. 

TIA

On 8/11/2017 at 22:07, RUNAMUCK said:

Let's talk Bout cats 

my life is around half over. I'll be long dead before climate change is a problem.  Is ditching catalytic converters worth the effort?  I don't drive behind me, so I give zero Fucks what comes out the back. 

If it's registered after 2010, it's a wof failure to remove cats.

2 hours ago, Nick Ritchie said:

shes just a wee 250cc single, aint no sensors for miles cob

77cfc68f35f6720906b96fdc67339955.jpg

ah, I thought it was injected because you were talking about injector cleaner

just adjust where the throttle plate sits at idle then? if you have a manual it should tell you where the adjustment should be. alternatively, adjust it until it runs