Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

4 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

Well can rule out loom. The current setup is a cut down crown loom spliced to a supra ecu. Will investigate what you are getting at Roger but im pretty sure that would also have a pin out on the ecu for vss... hmmm.

I might just also ignore it 

Need to figure out why my fuel pump sounds like it belongs in s nascar. Fuck it is loud.  And gotten louder. 

How many fuel pumps have you killed now? 

I killed one years ago when the return line had a kink in it. Now I just kill them through lake of use while immersed in old gas.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this

Hmmm. I guess that is possible.  But how would you know?  Has no fuel leaks that im aware of.  Going to swap it out for the slightly more expensive not aliexpress item I have. But yeah.  Not sure. One concern I do have is maybe the fuel return line is to small, as I had to add an adapter to down size from the fuel rail, which I guess could be causing the fuel pressure to higher and over heating the pump? Will try a fuel pressure gauge at some point. 

Swapped pump last night and other one is quiet but still sounds like its cavitating. Im getting pretty over it as it sounds rude. 

Thinking I might bite the bullet and go intank pump like I should have in the first place. 

Issue is fuel pump wiring really.  Does anyone know where to buy some sort of fuel proof wiring grommet or flange or something so I can get wires to the pump on tank.  I had steelies make me some for the wagon out of nylon and o rings.  Bit surely someone just makes something lol.

13 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

Oh fuck yea! Thanks terry!

Why you thinking of changing? 

The in-tank pumps  seem to die when left sitting around in petrol for months at a time (this is a mostly-ignored project car after all). They get clogged up and fail to pump. The pump assembly is from a Nissan and is an old in-tank type with a steel frame. Most of the cars in Pick A Part now have plastic assemblies so don't transfer over easily. I need a pump that will supply the SR20DET well enough, so possibly a random one won't do the job.

I got a Bosch pump (iirc) off here a while back (snaked you for it I think) so was going to mount it outside the tank so it could be serviced/swapped more easily. I'll probably take a look and see if it can be attached to the current in-tank assembly though. It's all a hassle!

36 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

Ffs. Finally got round to checking out Shipping. 

$40 fucking dollars. 

But same price if I buy at least 3.

Anyone want something from summit? 

Send me a PM or a texty thing or something.

2 hours ago, oldrx said:

The Honda K20/24 swap into MX5 guys are talking up the BMW E36/46 manual transmission, are they that good and why dont other swaps use this trans?

The 5 speed ZF box used in the 328i and M3 is a good solid, strong box. Not as easy or cheap to come by as some alternatives though.

its also got whacky things like the remote shift linkages and output flange to suit a rubber guibo. 

• Like 1