Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

Most of the issue lies with the PCV being hooked up upstream of the EGR valve - Hot exhaust gasses tend to bake the shit out of the oil vapour and it collects as that thick black crud in the valve. 

Throw a decent catch-can and/or vent the PCV line into a chassis leg and they seem to last forever.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, peteretep said:

ah I didnt buy one just yet, was girlfriends parents. but it was a 407 break. Not a bad car except for all the typical early 2000's integrated stereos and dash boards which are all failing

The 407 with the 2.7hdi go pretty hard for what they are

Yea used the EZ wire one or whatever it was called. Its built to go in GM shit to some degree as it plugs into the GM ignition box on the column and saves wiring up the key stuff. Otherwise its built to be generic as well, just takes some more work. Fuse box is nice and the wires were all labelled on the sheathing. Works out a bunch easier and tidier than most DIY build your own fuse block stuff I have seen, especially for me as it was designed with US cars in mind. There are smaller and more generic ones also, have a google.

• Like 1

Well can rule out loom. The current setup is a cut down crown loom spliced to a supra ecu. Will investigate what you are getting at Roger but im pretty sure that would also have a pin out on the ecu for vss... hmmm.

I might just also ignore it 

Need to figure out why my fuel pump sounds like it belongs in s nascar. Fuck it is loud.  And gotten louder.