Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect auto is going to be best.  It is mainly going to be a cruiser.  A cruiser that can hopefully swing diesel O's.

Because the other side of the coin is running a G box behind a 1kz probably isn't the greatest given the correct manual is an R.

Also re auto controller,  have been trying to figure out what cars had separate ecu for autos. My only concern here is shift points might be all up the shit.....

you can use a megasquirt/microsquirt unit as a standalone auto controller instead of ecu. tis one option, althought I am sure there are others.

another one is XJ jeeps have a separate controller also, and the jeep AW4 is actually just an a340. Maybe ZJ Grand Cherokees as well but not certain. would look for 1992-1996 obd1 spec more likely to be separate tcu box and simpler setup.

what supplies the factory crown speedo signal? must be something on the gearbox output shaft already surely?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighLUX said:

Wonder what auto ran behind a 1KZ in a 2wd granvia van?

Might be mechanical kickdown and a simple loom/ecu being commercial spec 

Granvia has been where I have been thinking I might get a trans from. But unsure.  I will only assume they are all the same.  But Granvias are cheaper for parts than super customs. 

Anyway sounds like steelies might be keen to seal my fate on this anyway. 

Auto it is. Probably. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes they need to be recoded if the battery has been flat  for a while. Try this..

start with drivers door open, key out of ignition. 

Key in, key out two times. 

Close open door two times. 

Key in, out 1time. 

Close, open door two times

key in, close door, key on, key off,

key out, push both buttons for 3 secs, push one button for 3 secs. 

Doors should lock/unlock. 

• Like 2

Just as a HUGE FYI to anyone with EFI hose, or looking to buy it, DO NOT BUY hose with the printing in the photo on it. Its known to fail early. If you have it, CHECK it. Mine was 10 months old and badly cracking. The above company has issued a recall on all the cars in the UK that they fitted that hose to because of it.

And as such im going to have to replace all the fuel hose in my engine bay again. Cunts. Wheres the best place in Welly to buy a known brand EFI hose (Goodyear, Cohline, Gates etc)?

• Like 1

Looks like Supershit auto does Codan hose, which seems to be a reputable brand. http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/Product/RSP-EFI-Fuel-Hose-5-16-Per-Metre/519165

About $15/M trade though. Looking around, thats not actually all that bad. Some Dayco stuff is crack money. Will shoot in there tomorrow and see if they have it in stock. Pissed off i cant get 7.6mm locally, but 8mm will have to do. Rang around ages ago, and no one in welly did 7.6mm (or even heard of it), hence i went to a UK supplier, and that turned to shit.

Im still furious i have to do all my injector hoses again.