Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

Yeah trailed this on Saturday and all seems to be sorted. Through removing the board and having va look I had actually concluded it was probably actually exactly as you have just described haha.

So there ya goes people.  Probably the same for a lot of cars.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bling said:

Plenty of charts on aliexpress, approx M25. Just buy bigger and lathe that shit down. 

/beaten.

Always remember the workshop teacher at school loosing his shit whenever someone used the term "latheing" reminds me that I need to use it more often at work. 

• Like 2

It's what size the hole is in the spring pad.  Capscrews work well because they're high tensile,  and after tightening the nut up to ft, a blob of weld means it will never ever come undone after the end caps are fizzed on.  (I don't use nyloc due to the heat of welding  etc)

I'm a dodgy cunt, but some things on any build absolutely must be right.  A bit over twenty years ago an rx3 whose blocks weren't doweled in had them come adrift at some great rate of knots. Bad outcomes were had. I didn't know those involved. But friends did. 

I guess the other fix would be to use a smaller cap screw, and turn up a bush to slip over the top. Held in place by a spot of fizz on the top. 

• Like 1