Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super quick question regarding a FWD automatic car.

Popped an outer CV while reversing my girlfriends car this morning. Jacked it up and noticed that the axle is completely free from the CV.
It crunched a bit when it happened and then I lost all power - car wouldn't move and revved freely. Is this normal for losing one CV? Or could I have done more damage?

I know nothing about FWD's or automatics haha. Any help appreciated!

I swapped the new semi sealed headlights from my old Datsun to a slightly less old version of the same thing.

Swapped them cos a new set for the other car is around 350 and I have spent too much recently

Anyway, I thought I would be smart and just swap over the extra relay and wiring from the other car also. 

Well it appears that the older car switches the 12v and the newer car switches the 0v. Meaning the relay stays on due to the relay earthing through the other high beam lamp.

Reason for relay is extra current drawn by new lights.

Anybody got any ideas on an easy way to wire it?

The correct way in my situation is to run a high and low relay and wire all the lamps to them. This will take a while to do properly and I'm looking for an easy way.

On 2/28/2017 at 14:52, igor said:

Are fwd slippery diffs even a thing? Would be handy sometimes for off-road use.

you serious ? lots of toyota 4age and 3s powered had them both oem viscous and trd plate kazz plate ect plenty of fwds makes a massive difference