Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

Sheeiitt, I didn't realise you've had this car for so long already.

If it had standard wheels, then I wouldn't bother lowering it. Since it has aftermarket wheels though, a subtle lowering is in order. Wheels and lowering should be a combo that is not available separately.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it had standard wheels, then I wouldn't bother lowering it. Since it has aftermarket wheels though, a subtle lowering is in order. Wheels and lowering should be a combo that is not available separately.

Agree.

It does need to go a bit lower on those bling wheels though.

Holy balls, where did this come from. discussion thread merge plox? :D always had a feeling this was still kicking around, but couldn't find the old project thread so started the new one. Ah well.

yeah, have spent two years of farting around trying to get the car road legal.

btw, I do have some standard Series 3 rims in storage for it... need a bit o' polishing though. They're the same as the ones yoeddy posted a picture of.

structural issues aren't major according to my mechanic (who drove it himself to see what was wrong) but he wants to have a better look once I'm ready for compliancing. doesn't sound too dire, i.e. a wheel isn't gonna fall off or anything like that.

oh boy am I eating those werds now :wink:

I've been way preoccupied with trying to fix the instrument cluster lights; apparently it could be a dimmer switch, but typically I spent all of today trying everything else first and nothing worked.

also on the hunt for a new clock, steering wheel, centre console fascia, and knobs for the original stereo - have noticed there is a familiar looking S3 turbo being wrecked on Trademe with all the bits I need...

non-functional cluster lights = faulty dimmer switch

new clock = sussed. Digital JECO one even! Also managed to find a cheap momo wheel for it, and two new stereo surrounds arrived courtesy of Ewan/hayatonka and a random seller off ebay.

also found a lead on the stereo knobs/NOS Mazda factory EQ and cassette unit today via a Hungarian Mazda collector. How epically cool is that (will update main project thread as more info becomes available) :D

Ha, I'd even posted in your other 'Pandaboy banana lovefest JDM ROTOR DRIFT BAGZ' thread, but the thread name confused me when I went looking for it again. :mrgreen:

Thread merge = problem solved. A link to your project and discussion in your signature would make it even easier though. :wink:

I'd like to roll some of these stunners on a standard Series 3:

deesidepwr.jpg

not sure if the rotor mags are available in 4x114.3, all the examples I've ever seen were 4x110 to suit S1/S2 :?

to be brutally honest the car isn't as mint as it should have been, but i always had the mindset that if it's TOO mint i'd never want to drive it.

there are a few issues both exterior and interior that need to be sorted before I'm truly satisfied :twisted:

those new rims look sweet man!

oh and if you remembered a while back I said I had an old amp you could have? (i completely forgot about it), well yeh, its a pioneer GM-D8 just like the one you got....(hopefully i didnt cause you to spend to much on it haha) its still here if you want it? i promise ill send it this time haha

• 1 year later...

Ed, put links to your discussion threads in you project thread pleeeeeeeeeeeeease, took me ages to find this one.

Also, (I have told you this before but im useless), I have one of those amp things (same as the bottom one in your skyrine thread) if you want it. Panasonic gm4 or somethign?

Ed, put links to your discussion threads in you project thread pleeeeeeeeeeeeease, took me ages to find this one.

Also, (I have told you this before but im useless), I have one of those amp things (same as the bottom one in your skyrine thread) if you want it. Panasonic gm4 or somethign?

discussion - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10380 (holy shit, hasn't had any posts since 2007)

Hellz yeah I will take the GM-4 off your hands if it's a Pioneer one. PM me some banktacular account deets.

Hey Ed - hit up Fuel - he is bringing over a set of wheels in a container - I think if you want to tack on some stuff you will have to get it to Compton (yes that Compton) within a couple of weeks..

I don't trust anyone in Amerika to pull the right parts for me. Spent ages preparing and emailing photos with EVERYTHING marked/annotated to a guy off another forum in Cali. Who still managed to fuck it up.

• 3 months later...

MkII's would look good on a Series 1 but not so sure against the plastic, smoother bumpers of the SIII. Longchamps get my vote, I think it need a bit of interest/complex design to the wheels to offset the fairly pure, simple lines of the car. And as the Moffat Group C cars proved, mesh always looks good on an SA22.

like I said, I'd leave the Professors on there if I could. Maybe I'll take the tyres off the TX3 instead, or something. Although I have a set of 15" Azeni semis chilling in the corner of the lockup just begging to be used. They should be fine for rolling the car around temporarily, rite?

the mesh wheels banana had when it came into NZ were decidedly uninspirational, but that may have been due to the lack of dish and silly single piece construction.

It's a damn shame the orginal 22CWorks website went down... used to have a massive gallery of Japanese Series 3s on all manner of sweet rims.

Here's a S3 on BBSes:

p1.jpg

and one on Longchamps:

p1.jpg

and another one on MkIIs:

81GT_whls_02L.exe.jpg

and the comedy option:

PC210712.jpg