Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

I take it the actual name's supposed to be "Super LAP"? ... I'd happily roll some, personally.

keen to see what you do for an exhaust tip, Personally I like the original twin tip set up.

how wide are those rear tires?

They're 195/50R15 Toyo T1-Rs. Will be upgrading to 225/50s eventually.

I'm not sure what to do about the factory tips, I like the style also. Perhaps I can have them remade and fitted to whatever muffler I end up using as part of the upgrade, otherwise a tasteful single tip like on my Skyline coupe will probably do the job.

No dumpys!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Fuck yeah, do it. They're pretty reasonably priced over in Straya.

How many thousands of engines would it have gone through in 220,000 miles?

Like Spencer said, highly likely that it would have been the original engine which finally popped and sent it to its grave at the salvage yard. Both cars still had their engines, which kind of tells you something - there's zero demand for spare ones.

Rotaries in the USA have a reputation for being super reliable. Mazda made damn sure of that in the '70s, especially when you consider it's a place where civil litigation is rife. Check eBay or Craigslist to see the number of SA22Cs still running original engines with over 100,000 miles.

The reason the 12A turbo didn't make it to the States was because the Japanese were worried that the turbo would introduce an extra step of complexity that American owners wouldn't be willing to live with.

In fact rotaries anywhere else in the world except for this shitty country have a reputation for reliability. We have too many muppets here like the ones who hang out on Hustle Live who think that porting a housing with a drill and using gasket goo instead of proper water seals gives them street cred and makes the engine "mint and goes hard".

• Like 1

its really interesting about how cheap these are in america.. I might have to bring one over instead of a yank tank.. Hopefully the price doesn't change too much in 1 1/2 years! Added benefits of lhd steeze also.

• 2 months later...