Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK two rules I live by (unless help is really required because I'm a weak white girl so that's my excuse)

- Do work on car yourself

- Do work on car FOR yourself

Show cars are gayballs anyway who wants to only have a car for others and not themselves

• Like 3

Trust me, the smiles to miles ratio of this car is extremely high. Even higher once I fixed that secondary throttle issue.

It is easy to get disillusioned when you see other people getting maximum back slaps and firm handshakes for the tiniest progress milestones, and all you get is a torrent of criticism (and zero thread bumps).

Raises the question, what am I doing wrong?

Trust me, the smiles to miles ratio of this car is extremely high. Even higher once I fixed that secondary throttle issue.

It is easy to get disillusioned when you see other people getting maximum back slaps and firm handshakes for the tiniest progress milestones, and all you get is a torrent of criticism (and zero thread bumps).

Raises the question, what am I doing wrong?

Stop caring about receiving likes and comments etc.

Embrace your own style. Like me, except I have no style and don't care.

For example, I own probably the scummiest road legal HQ Holden on the road in New Zealand. So bad infact that I have been turned away Holden meets. I don't care, I like the car so I drive it.

Sometimes I put up a post of very minimal progress and receive a billion likes and internet pats on teh back.

Seems disproportionate to what I've done but I don't understand it all.

This video has some practical advice from the late Bernie Mac:

• Like 5

Stop caring about receiving likes and comments etc.

Embrace your own style. Like me, except I have no style and don't care.

For example, I own probably the scummiest road legal HQ Holden on the road in New Zealand. So bad infact that I have been turned away Holden meets. I don't care, I like the car so I drive it.

Sometimes I put up a post of very minimal progress and receive a billion likes and internet pats on teh back.

Seems disproportionate to what I've done but I don't understand it all.

Might be because I operate in a huge social void. I don't get many visitors around home, hardly get the opportunity to participate in group situations where progress is discussed, and the car doesn't appear at events all that often.

Ironically I seem to have built it to a style that doesn't scream "look at me!"

I don't know, it's something that I have been trying to work out in the last 18 months but haven't quite got there yet. We should save the philosophical talk for Nats once I'm deep into a bottle of Kraken.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to see what you are having a wah about this time Ed, I just read through your thread and you haven't done anything to the car but you want a pat on the back for some reason?

Did I say I wanted a pat on the back? I'm trying to fathom why nothing but criticism gets flung my way. Simple.

Doesn't matter whether it's this car, or the Skyline, or the TX3, or whatever.

Neal - sure thing, PM for deets. You may find me in the middle of installing some new shelving brackets in the garage.

I think the reason is because you say you are going to do stuff and then don't do it, and then have a wah that no one helped you.

Example plz. Did I not say I was going to buy a set of springs, and then actually buy them? Lewl.

Also, I only "have a wah" (in your terms) when someone such as yourself suggests something outlandish, but doesn't lift a finger to clarify or justify why it should be done.

:):D;):P:lol: <-- just so everyone (mainly KK :D) knows I'm not being emo about this.