Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

Ed your RX7 needs some rear window Louvres:

90143d1105378665-louvre-4-rear-window-re

Hey Ed if you want some louvres hit up Greg/64valiant, he bought some on my behalf when I had my rx7 and I never bought them off him. They're at a guy we knows place in palmy, they should still be there...

• Like 2

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ed if you want some louvres hit up Greg/64valiant, he bought some on my behalf when I had my rx7 and I never bought them off him. They're at a guy we knows place in palmy, they should still be there...

Greg said he's not gonna sell them/squirrelling them away for his rx7 one day

Did you do a skid on the weekend Ed?

Also cut your rear springs, Thriller and I studied closely and you need 40mm mor out of the back and about 10 out of the front, make it happen son.

Otherwise great job, you did a much better than I at representing the best engine design.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can have my box from the K&N filter I put in the FC if you want. They come in identical boxes. Apparently they are good for a 1,000,000 miles as they are washable etc.

Pretty sure your 7 will be good for 1,000,000 miles

• Like 1

Cheers for the offer Jonny but you can keep your box :) I'm just going to buy another boxed 33-2016 K&N and squirrel it away for when they really do run out of stock completely.

I smirked a bit at the million mile warranty.

Hehe. Funny. You say it looks like it not been changed in ten years.

But also said u have had the car for 7.

So that's 3 years of not changing that the previous owner did and 7 years of not changing it that you did.

Rough lol

I understand that you're trying to troll me.

But could I find a filter in the seven years I've had it? The answer, had you read my post properly, is a big fat NO.

Also, the car spent the first four years in my possession sitting in a shed under a cover not moving - why would I have even bothered to find a filter during that time?

how do you find the Zoom springs? they look to be the only drop in spring i could get for the z31 that will lower it as much as i want, but the interest says progressive rate springs are bad. 

thought first hand experience would trump that though. 

I'm finding the Zooms quite manageable. They can feel a bit crash-bangy over certain bumps as most aftermarket uprated springs do, but I'm fairly sure the adjustable dampers on the shocks still need a bit more fine-tuning as well.

Heap of the K&N cleaner and oil stuff here if you want it, I haven't had a use for it for many years.

Cheers! I may have to come grab 'em next time I'm over.

I had some K&N filtercharger oil and cleaner many moons ago, but damned if I can find them now. Think they are still sitting in a box somewhere at my parents'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took them into BNT, measured them up and hopefully they can get something from Top Gun. I tried to obtain a set of new old stock 12AT HT leads ex Australia, but the guy is apparently dodgy if reports from the Mazda foamers club is anything to go by.

Have made do for the moment by applying brake cleaner to the affected HT lead and leaving it to dry (it's only the trailing coil which has popped). No telling how far along the oil has wicked though.

• 11 months later...

Nope, but I drove around Auckland in it yesterday. Went from home, to town, to Onehunga, to Glen Innes, to Mission Bay, back into town again, then out to Henderson and finally back home.

I have a good mind to take it to this month's Burgerboes as well as Caffeine and Classics (as I need to pick up my expensive new rear spoiler)

• Like 1