Jump to content

Shakotom

Members
  • Content Count

    5,212
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7,963 Excellent

2 Followers

About Shakotom

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Converted

  • Local Area
    Auckland

Recent Profile Visitors

2,584 profile views
  1. adv boomer blizzo cant wait to see you standing up on the foot pegs on this eh
  2. Just because there seems to be a increased level of dumb lately. here’s the virm https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof heres the hobby car manual. https://www.lvvta.org.nz/shop/new-zealand-car-construction-manual-full-version/ and they’re both free!!!!!!
  3. Also you bunch of potatoes. if youre building a car, and going through cert process, provided you have the wheels at cert time, you can get your car certed for multiple wheel sizes. But again boss=costs
  4. Wat no unless it has a CERT plate attached to the vechile that specifies the modifications / vechile specs for what it was certified. if no CERT, can do what ever as long as it doesn’t exceed 5% tyre rolling OD from OE
  5. I got told when my car failed on rust, I could either bring back a receipt from a panel shop for the repair or bring the car back with that area in bare steel to show the wof guy the repair. I paid a panel shop and just returned with a receipt and got a wof
  6. Man you need to get this out in the mud with @kprs hilux. that would be a killer combo. Man I enjoy this truck!
  7. Boat looks in scale for jimny. Great combo. ‘The TrashTorquer’
  8. Adjustment process Ive followed is here Put slack in the cable.... I recommend you "set" the threaded adjuster at the handlebar perch at about 1/2 way in....That way you have some adjustment left in either direction.Cable bottom adjuster (at case cover): thread it ALL the way in so you have maximum slack inside......With case cover off engine, VERIFY the #10 ball bearing is in place (grease it in)....Loosen adjuster locknut on case and screw the slotted bolt FULLY CLOCKWISE until it stops (This is the maximum clearance point, "Arm" should be fully " down" as pulled by the spring).....Rep
  9. Attached handlebars, spent an hour making a mount for the headlight and I’m pretty sure it’s still crooked. Attached small trademe special speedo assembly which has integrated dash lights -much better that the HUGE factory assembly which looked odd with the headlight. Welded the end of the broken tacho cable shut to plug the tacho drive hole in the motor. Removed carbs, gave them a clean out. - replaced the broken throttle cables with the new ones that came with my parts from USA, quick check to make sure points were doing there thing and making spark (I need to find a source for the rubb
  10. I sent the original brake hose/pressure switch down to Apex automotive in Hamilton as per Callum’s recommendation to get a new hose made that goes directly from the master to the brake calliper. -new master I ordered has a switch integrated in it. A couple of days later, my box returned with a fresh braided brake hose made to my specs. Rushed home from work, assembled the brakes and found that it turns out that at some point, the front brake calliper has been barryed and a imperial grease nipple fitted instead of a proper bleed nipple. And of course, now the brakes work the nipple doesn’t seal
  11. Prior to Te Urewera ride, Adv50 got stripped down for a tidy up after the frame started to get REALLY bad surface rust and and some other bits needed attention. Got the frame and that back from my friendly painter and started reassembly. Got another set of second had forks to replace the ones on it that were bent and a few other new bits. @Kass came through and upholstered / refoamed my seat base for me. Diamond stitching and it fits the tank very well! Completed Te Urewera ride again no worries. didnt even have to refuel each day. Trouble free motoring.
  12. I had been browsing Instagram and found a picture of a Dax built by Cheetah Custom cycles in Japan that got me fizzing. Being invited to dirtmasters was the kick in the pants I needed, initially assembled with Suzuki A50 forks and the CT90 rear end. then Andrew ( @GuyWithAviators ) swapped me most of a Lifan wave for a box of Purple Goannas, and with some engineering magic by @Geophy and @sentra I was able to fit the swing arm, and combine the A50 and wave forks together and get them all mounted to the bike. @MopedNZ got the rear brake bled and custom painted the wheels. This combi
  13. Then Andrew ( @GuyWithAviators ) built a sweet chaly, and we had a conversion about building a cute matching couples pair of bikes and ended up with this potatoshop Sorted a pit bike rear end, and the rest of the bits to match, all the way down to the same tyres. and as per, for some reason or another that stagnated not long after.
  14. Ages ago, I acquired a Dax frame. I started assembling it as a adventure bike prior to building the Suzuki Adv50. It ended up being put together with CT90 bits that I had kicking around, but got shelved due to issues with the fork steerer length and fuel tank capacity being minimal.
×
×
  • Create New...