Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it do much to the grippiness and texture/feel?

I shall go experiment on the trashed steering wheel in my TX3 parts car.

Nope - it just changed the colour. Is literally just a really good spray on penetrating dye.

You could probably do a similar job with other dye procedures but the VHT stuff is really really good.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So this is how far my secondary throttles are opening at WOT:

aXKbCA2.jpg?1

And this is how far they're meant to open:

Zg4DaEi.jpg?1

The culprit, I'm pretty sure, is this confounded thing:

JBqVWTF.jpg

...which is some kind of fandangled arm that's attached to a diaphragm that's collapsed, and can no longer extend fully to allow the secondary throttles to open.

I've temporarily disconnected the diaphragm from the rest of the throttle body and cable tied it out of the way, but still have to move a couple of non-operational cars in order to go for a drive and test my theory.

Then, of course, if I'm correct, the next piece of the puzzle is finding another one...

• Like 2

But the secondaries are already mechanical!

Just as I thought, the seized diaphragm has been the cause of this ball-ache all along. Went for a hoon and the difference is like night and day - no more shitty hesitation, stumbling or loss of power at 4000rpm anymore! Now the engine revs quickly and freely until the turbo drops off sharply (and the stock exhaust starts choking flow).

Time to somehow fix or remove the diaphragm entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ed, you really need to stop using high school type references with the cool kids, last picked, etc. It's not a legitimate way of analysing personal or group relationships. Get that gubbins out of your mindset and you might find things aren't the way you picture. The clowns on here don't give a fuck about 'cool' kids.

That aside. I've never been in this car. Giz a skid bro. We can fang to the dairy and get some fags during lunch, then hang out smoking them at the back of the camp ground instead of going to events.

• Like 9