Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

Always love these cars in white. Glad its still getting love and attention.

I have grown to like the original series 2 rx7 alloys (13"?) withthe rims super polished and then clean black paint on the centre.

edit; I forgot this is a series 3 with 114pcd. :rolleyes:

Hows about modgies..... (runs and hides.... :D )

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No modgies! :lol:

Still mulling over the wheel/tyre puzzle. I may just opt for the comedy option turbofins (with Kelly 60s). But that's only if the RX has to give up its 15" tyres, I could probably steal the ones from my TX3 instead.

Sam, will do. it may not be for a few months yet. Was talking to $tephen about rotaries last nite as one does, and I'm all, "waah I want to drive it real bad" - should've just spent $2500 on a return ticket to the states and done the job myself.

• 3 months later...

Yes indeedy.

Though as others have rightfully pointed out - I should remain vigilant until the parts have actually made their way into my possession. For all I know the next container could end up on Rena MkII.

Dane, I'll probably hang on to the back seat 'just in case' but I may change my mind eventually. the series 3 trim is markedly different from series 1 though, would it be going into your 7?

Aww jeah.

Package Services

Acceptance

April 18, 2012, 4:03 pm

HASTINGS, MI 49058

Dispatched to Sort Facility

April 18, 2012, 4:59 pm

HASTINGS, MI 49058

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

April 19, 2012, 12:47 pm

WARRENDALE, PA 15095

Expected Delivery By:

April 25, 2012

PayPal have refunded 75% of the $250 I lost in the eBay deal gone bad. Things are most definitely looking more positive.

In the coming weeks I will need to measure and manufacture some brackets/spacers in order to fit the vintage audio into the centre console. Plus do a general tidyup of the interior (i.e. replace a few broken bits and pieces which I've been slowly collecting replacements for).

Have also determined that I should change the clutch master and slave cylinders as it is most definitely getting harder to change gear smoothly (graunching into 3rd = not fun).

Ack, sucks about the wrong length strip. I assume you're dead set on having the original mazda part in there? Because making something up surely couldn't be too hard.

Digging the classic stereo gear. Just looks so right in the center console.

Yeah, just easier to have the OEM part as opposed to something custom. I didn't opt to get an entire rear section made out of MDF/carpet either, as the quoted cost would actually surpass the total amount I've spent on all the factory parts.

however the wait has been an exercise in forbearance/pure torture.

Stereo gear will add a bit of finishing flair, hopefully. Went to all that effort of finding NOS vintage speakers, but I've been thinking of changing tack slightly and only using the speaker covers, since the output from the modified deck is quite lush when piped through modern drivers. It won't win any awards for thunderous amounts of bass, but the key is in the presentation :D

I know I told myself I wouldn't fuck around too much with the mechanicals, but on the exterior/aesthetic side of things... perhaps a tad more low is required?

chur!

I'm no good at wild aesthetics nor Extreme! Fabrication! nor making things go fast, therefore subtlety is my method of madness :D

yes I do believe I will lower the car slightly. Currently looking at some ZOOM springs on Yahoo Auctions "for low-down effect of 40-45mm with thorough pursuit of volume down, and ride quality, cost and performance at a low price."

can always return it to standard height if I need to. Time to put my PayPal refund to better use!

these puppies

500x340-1335792784451945_ws000757.jpg

Ed...instead of going thru the rigmarol (sp) of finding the carpet rail the right length get someone to make one for you.

Im sure a sheet metal worker could knock one up in next to no time for a third of the price and that way you could cut it to the exact length you want AND get it powdercoated to atch the interior.

I know a couple of good sheet metal places if you want to give it a try.

Alternatlvely give me the strip and I will go see the sheet metal workers and sort something for you.

Ed...instead of going thru the rigmarol (sp) of finding the carpet rail the right length get someone to make one for you.

Im sure a sheet metal worker could knock one up in next to no time for a third of the price and that way you could cut it to the exact length you want AND get it powdercoated to atch the interior.

I know a couple of good sheet metal places if you want to give it a try.

Alternatlvely give me the strip and I will go see the sheet metal workers and sort something for you.

This

Also, can you not just get springs here?