Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I is too nub, would need some guidance obviously. was also planning to get the lips machined/chromed, but I guess that can be masked off/done afterwards by someone competent.

the gunmetal I'm after is the same colour as my friend's Prodrive GC-06Ds.

prodrive1yg8.jpg

If you want to machine the lips then you might as well bead blast the whole wheel, etch prime, paint and don't even worry about masking the lips off... then when it comes to machining/polishing them, take them to Arrow or whoever you like to polish them up, then laquer the whole deal.

Any decent automotive paint supplier will be able to let you know exactly what to use, doing the actual job isn't hard at at all.

be my guest :D your flickr collection is tops btw, always had a soft spot for the UFO-style HBSN2 (it was gonna be my fallback if I couldn't find a SA22C)

Got no engine bay pics currently, it was difficult enough to persuade my agent to take those photos of the exterior and interior. Dealing with Japanese can be hard at times, they like to do everything their own way and to a set procedure...

Sweet looking wagon...and the pick of the lot....a turbo GT, the lightest and fastest of the first generation '7s.

Question....whats the deal with the top of the dash,looks like it has some form of cover or replacement dash...or just a funny camera angle?

I might have some "trinket" stuff lying around for the turbo....things like injector seals etc, if you are interested....

be my guest :D your flickr collection is tops btw, always had a soft spot for the UFO-style HBSN2 (it was gonna be my fallback if I couldn't find a SA22C)

Got no engine bay pics currently, it was difficult enough to persuade my agent to take those photos of the exterior and interior. Dealing with Japanese can be hard at times, they like to do everything their own way and to a set procedure...

Thanks mate, supremely jealous of your car collection tho! My ultimate garage would include your FJ skyline coupe, a s12 silvia notchback, starion and my 12at cossie coupe :mrgreen:

I wouldn't even think HBSN2 coupes would still be available from japan? I only ever seem to see 4dr's and they are all the facelift models. Even then, I seem to come across them only once in a blue moon...

• 2 weeks later...
Nice 7! I think i saw it this afternoon about 3 heading toward papakura? Had a yellow plate on the back?

that was I :D

Two pics? Wtf. You enjoying driving it or something?

Fucking choice broseph

moar pics in project thread now. and yeah, is pretty cool to drive, such refined and smooth power delivery. Clutch is a bit jumpy though, and the rear end loves to light up around corners :badgrin:

OK my first technickle question: how does I remove the instrument cluster? need to fix the backlighting and get rid of those weird little spotlights that the previous owner fitted. managed to get the shroud off, and two of the screws holding the cluster in, but it won't budge, so there be more and I can't see any?