Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

The damage to stracture wasnt serious then?

nah there's definitely still some shit bent under there, car does wobble uncertainly over bumps like my TX3 did when I snapped a balljoint.

Haven't had a chance to look as I've been way preoccupied with trying to fix the instrument cluster lights; apparently it could be a dimmer switch, but typically I spent all of today trying everything else first and nothing worked.

also on the hunt for a new clock, steering wheel, centre console fascia, and knobs for the original stereo - have noticed there is a familiar looking S3 turbo being wrecked on Trademe with all the bits I need...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this today at mission bay. looked heaps better than all the other *stick a rotor in it Auws*

cheers :D I like how it's all stock standard with a whisper-quiet exhaust, so you don't actually hear the car before you see it. Doesn't attract as much attention either which is good!

So you're driving her around then? Bit risky innit?

Fucking making me want to use my savings to buy a weekend cruiser.

from a legal, structural, or "shady cunts following you home" aspect? had the use of dealer plates over the weekend, so was able to drive vehicle to mechanic's/panelbeater's/mission bay etc. Don't have them anymore, so car is now under lock and key.

structural issues aren't major according to my mechanic (who drove it himself to see what was wrong) but he wants to have a better look once I'm ready for compliancing. doesn't sound too dire, i.e. a wheel isn't gonna fall off or anything like that.

as for shady cunts, I never drive straight home whenever I've been out in the DR30s, same deal with the banana I guess.

Sweet car man :-) I look forward to taking a ride in it at some point!

you and the rest of the forum I'd wager :badgrin:

Spare me a little sympathy will ya? It'll have been 2 years with one burnout, one track day, and one mountain pass. That's the least dangerous stuff I've ever done in a 2 year period. I'll be needing to do some major catch up and anyone that is willing will be involved. Hopefully the first stage of that will be a TT V8 Supra picking me up from the airport!

Looking forward to more pics of her.

Fred.

• 1 year later...
Anyway- can that chassis kink be pulled out?

anything is possible for the right amount of money :D I'll have to update the thread with progress to-date, but I'm slack.

hopefully I'll be able to take it for a cruise today and find somewhere nice to take a few photos of it.

Looks fantastic on those wheels man. Just a touch of low would be plenty. I'd almost rather see it stay blatantly unmodified because thats kind of what this car is about.

Awesome though, so happy to see it all legal and out and about, finally.