Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

In regards to your sun faded rear boot panels, I had the same problem with my rear parcel tray plastics.

My panel guy had a Wurths product that comes in a spray can that we used, comes out in a fine crackel look, made it look like new, only comes in black mind you.

I can find out the product name if your interested.

btw, your rx looks amazing, love the og look. Has made me very keen to get an stock rx7, if one ever turns up :D

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers all. This day's been a long time coming!

Already I have an inkling that holes will need to be drilled and tapped into the floorpan to attach the steel cage that the storage bins sit inside. The new panels all need a good clean also, shall evaluate the extent of the sun-fade tomorrow when it's not freezing cold!

I was told the heat-gun trick only seems to be effective for a month or two, then the fade comes back worse than ever. But I'm open to suggestions at this stage really.

Surely it can't be too far gone to have it reco'd though (re-sleeved) - had Rx2 one done through BNT for two hundred and summink.

Yeah I think re-sleeving/rebuilding is the only option as my contact at BNT says S3 turbo master cylinders are NLA, as are the rebuild kits. Slave cylinders are also NLA, but rebuild kits are still available if I want to supply my own.

Richy - will investigate the Trimfix option, but I'm sure they only do plastics/leathers/vinyls like most other crowds.

Flag BNT for getting it resleeved, they'll only farm it out to the likes of Sterling or possibly Apex. Go direct etc.

Would be super keen to come for blat in this one day, be interesting to see how it drives vs an HB Cosmo.

Hackshoeally - duhhhh - I could get Trimfix to tidy up those plastic panels couldn't I :lol:

I think the MC cross references to some kind of Capella/626, or possibly even BFMR (this I can check myself).

Yeah BNT New Lynn farms their clutch cylinder rebuilds out to some joker in Henderson that's been doing it for a loooong time.

Your dedication to convert to a us type 2 seater is inspiring - Great to see youf dedicated to keeping it orig as possible, reminds me of my rx7 i left in oz :cry: hard to find a stock unmoded rx7 in NZ! keep up the good work!

Thanks! I'm hoping like hell nothing else gets picked on when I finally take it for the WOF.

also, I find amusement in the fact this is meant to be a pristine original Japanese Series 3 build and I've already gone and defaced it with Infini seats and the US rear interior :lol:

oh well...

Some period gear you need to acquire..

I take it you saw my blog posts on this very subject.

$tephen is dead set on getting the executive jacket, I'm quite partial to the golf shirt myself.

First WOF check in T-minus two hours. No idea why I'm nervous, this thing should pass with flying colours, right?