si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

7 hours ago, Mof said:

Are wider offset rims covered by cert?

Thanks 

Only if they exceed the threshold

Capture.JPG

Where's the standards / requirements for ewof for caravan please? I can see many docs saying 'you must have one' but none syring what the the technical requirements are (other than it's 'proscribed work''). Thanks.

Basically I wanna see what's the minimum needed to get power into a van for a PC, lamp and a heater. Cheers

edit: @kempy?

Update, it's a joint AU/NZ standard, $123 to download here in NZ:

or at https://vicparks.com.au/app/uploads/2016/02//as3001_2001-electrical-installations-relocatable-premises.pdf

26 minutes ago, h4nd said:

Where's the standards / requirements for ewof for caravan please? I can see many docs saying 'you must have one' but none syring what the the technical requirements are (other than it's 'proscribed work''). Thanks.

You could try reading on https://www.electricalforum.co.nz

Prepare for lots of this sort of thing:

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h4nd said:

Basically I wanna see what's the minimum needed to get power into a van for a PC, lamp and a heater. Cheers

edit: @kempy?

Update, it's a joint AU/NZ standard, $123 to download here in NZ:

or at https://vicparks.com.au/app/uploads/2016/02//as3001_2001-electrical-installations-relocatable-premises.pdf

Head down to the EPS Library at UC, they'll probably have a copy on the shelf that anyone can access free. /edit clicking that link of yours gives the file anyway...

Double edit, your copy is superseded. I have the latest copy. I'll see if I can PM it to you.

• Thanks 1

I'm avoiding that by going entirely 12v and using an inverter in case of needing something to run off 230v, so not much help I'm afraid.

If I have a cracked lens of say, parking light (or any other lights except head light), is it acceptable to glue or sealant repair it?

Virm states the following for rejection:

• A lens is missing, or has a hole, crack or other damage that allows moisture or dirt to enter.
  • The light is not diffuse and/or is altered, eg due to damage or modification

I take the intent of the rule is to prevent non-diffused light output and nil foreign object ingress (which would degrade the light output).

Therefore, if the repair of the crack with glue (or similar) does not significantly affect the light diffusion or foreign object ingress, it should be ok, IMO.

What are the opinions of the learned inspectors (or anyone else) amongst us?

Cheers.

• Like 1

IMHO repair is ok as long as water can’t get in and the wrong colour light can’t come out (like white out a tail light.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllTorque said:

IMHO repair is ok as long as water can’t get in and the wrong colour light can’t come out (like white out a tail light.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Soooo i did ask somwhere here a long time back regarding line locks, turned out they are legal but came down to how its wired and a light.  I tried a search but cant find it now.

Could you please update me clint? In a few weeks ill finally be able to shift the sack down to me to finish and start enjoying it.

Thank

On 23/05/2015 at 17:24, cletus said:

line lock has to have a main on- off switch, with a light to tell you its is on, and a momentary switch to operate the line lock.

Sorry just managed to find this.  Is this still correct and passes WOF standards?

Yep, that's the cert requirements,  a line lock needs cert though

so even if you have it done as per that, it shouldn't pass wof without cert. 

Hi All,

I'm struggling to find the VIN on my Commer Van. The engineer needs a pic of it for LVV cert. I can find it on carjam and I can find the chassis and body number but the VIN is eluding me thus far. 

If it turns out I can't find it, am I going to have to drag it down to VINZ? Lord help me...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dmulally said:

Hi All,

I'm struggling to find the VIN on my Commer Van. The engineer needs a pic of it for LVV cert. I can find it on carjam and I can find the chassis and body number but the VIN is eluding me thus far. 

If it turns out I can't find it, am I going to have to drag it down to VINZ? Lord help me...

Only first registered post 1 April 1994 will have a VIN. I would have though that a chassis number would be OK for certificaction?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Only first registered post 1 April 1994 will have a VIN. I would have though that a chassis number would be OK for certificaction?

That is what I thought but apparently I need a replacement one if I cannot find it. Which I cannot. 

Carjam says what it is here:

https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=bbq488&fbclid=IwAR2q5IfEEX5J1-MyxtPaBPMoFgXY2lnr-erYAs4I6vSZzoNCDV82Vk3dnt4

And going to the NZTA site is as erotic as it is helpful and seems to be aimed at repairers who can access their system. 

According to carjam, it has had a vin number allocated to that vehicle so it should have a vin tag on it somewhere 

Have a look on the chassis rail around the rh side at the front 

Does it have a vin number etched on to the rear window?

Also look under the carpet around the front seats if it has it  

• Like 1