si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr Cletus,

Are you available to view a car and discuss options regarding of mini-tubing a car? I have a zillion questions and get some idea's I'd like to run past you on your thoughts on it.  Biggest problem is I cant bring to your working place. I'm in south Auckland. Possible for you to come to me? Happy to pay for your time etc.

Thanks.

Shane.

prob better to PM him man

yep. 

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof/general/vehicle-interior/seats-and-seat-anchorages

click the 'tables an images' tab

Note LVV certification is not required where the only modification is the removal of seats and/or seatbelts. However, a class change and a new load rating may be required in some cases.

Hi, i've searched but everythings old and the pics are gone.

Are you able to cert a setup like this below, where you bolt two plates to the original rails and then bolt seat to those plates?

yep, sometimes needs a gusset on the flat bits if the seat mounts are a lot narrower than the rails.

• Like 1

hey Clint,ive got the opposite issue,seat mounts are wider than rails(in my case,wrx seats in a mk5 Cortina).any special rules around it or anything??I haven't tried getting a warrant on it yet(mid rebuild),have mounted them using 30x3mm flat bar and original wrx and Cortina bolts

Hey, quick question that's probably been answered a million times, but where is the most lenient place for a reregistration on the North Shore Auckland. Or any place on the North Shore. I'm in a rush.

Cheers big ears

If it's a revin then it can only go through VTNZ. It's effectively a very strict WOF, if there's any repairs to the car they'll probably request a repair cert and sometimes require paint / bog removed so they can inspect welds (or at least photos of) so if your car isn't sound there's not much point trying until it's properly sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey boes,

Clint / Keegan, is it legal to run solid bushings on a rear control arm?

The FD failed a WOF on these bushings, and there is not an off the shelf replacement.

RHD Japan do these replacements, but rather than importing, I'd just get some made up locally.

63280-2_6.jpg

they would be ok for a cert as long as they are a quality kevlar or teflon lined bearing, im pretty sure the original outer bushes in that arm are similar to that anyway, rather than a rubber bush.

bear in mind they wont last very long on a road car with no boots as road grit and crap will wear them out

have you tried mazda to see how much a new arm is?