For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with regaurd to having to certify adjustable suspension due to ride height being able to be changed.

can you install a set of adjustables, set them how you like (above 100mm) and then somehow make them permanent? as in weld the collars (probably cant weld them) or something along those lines?

I have a Toyota soarer that i want to lower and adjustable suspension is pretty much the same price as lowering springs and new shocks, but i dont want the hassle of cert, and i dont want to be able to change the height etc etc

cheers,

no. the intent of that rule is so you can fit lowered springs to original style shocks without cert.

the bits that stop you doing it is

• the springs or shock absorbers are direct replacements, neither are direct replacements as they are different dimensions
  • replacement springs are contained within unmodified OE seats throughout full suspension travel, they are not OE seats any more
  • Like 1

Ok spoke to compliance guy in New Lynn this morning about my cut out VIN from the firewall, and he basically said to be 100% legit get a new VIN reassigned.

Said it has to be done by the right person at VTNZ, and then should be all sweet. Would that be enough for LV certificate purposes?

yep that would be fine

Have the cert plate attached to the front of strut tower in my datsun. Could I move it further round towards the back? (assuming its still visible from the backside)

as long as its on a structural part of the body in the engine bay, you will be fine.

getting them off without damaging them if they are stuck on properly is difficult

cheers cletus the man with the answers as per usual!!

Is there any other things we should know about bags? saw someone posting somewhere that they got pulled up for not p clipping lines every 300mm? Any other painful little things taht should know about before installation?

luckily, the chapter with the stuff you want to know is available as a sample, otherwise you would have to buy the hobby car manual.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/suplementary_information/HCTM_SAMPLE_Chapter-6_Suspension%20Systems_airbag-hydraulics.pdf

• Like 1

as long as its on a structural part of the body in the engine bay, you will be fine.

getting them off without damaging them if they are stuck on properly is difficult

interesting. have seen them in boots and door jams before so would this not be allowed technically speaking?

should be in the engine bay, unless theres no room, then it can go in the boot or b pillar etc

as long as its on a permanent part of the body, ie a bit that doesnt unbolt, then its fine, most modern cars have no room under the bonnet

Roll bar doesn't need a cert if:

each seating position is fitted with an effective head restraint, and

the bars are positioned:

– behind, following a plane extending upward, parallel to the back of the backrest on the rear-most seat, and

– in such a way that the head restraint would provide protection from head contact with any bar section during a crash

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vehicle-interior/interior-impact

DEAR UNCLE CLINT, WHATS THE GO WITH LIFT KITS THESE DAYS? CAN A BROTHER MAKE HIS OWN?

Regarding my Tercel, will maybe need to slap spacers on top of the front macpherson struts, slap blocks between the front subframe and body and g-box mount and body to correct CV angle and what not after putting longer springs in it, whats a brother need to know in regards to this?

Cheers Mr! 

• Like 2

DEAR UNCLE CLINT, WHATS THE GO WITH LIFT KITS THESE DAYS? CAN A BROTHER MAKE HIS OWN?

Regarding my Tercel, will maybe need to slap spacers on top of the front macpherson struts, slap blocks between the front subframe and body and g-box mount and body to correct CV angle and what not after putting longer springs in it, whats a brother need to know in regards to this?

Cheers Mr!

Mr VG , as long as its 100mm+ to the lowest structural point you can do what you you want, and if you stay with standard struts you can have whatever camber neccesary to achieve what you want

Dont take advice from strangers

Regarding my Tercel, will maybe need to slap spacers on top of the front macpherson struts, slap blocks between the front subframe and body and g-box mount and body to correct CV angle and what not after putting longer springs in it, whats a brother need to know in regards to this?

Cheers Mr! 

where is the steering rack located? on the crossmember? or on the firewall?