For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Sorry i know i have asked this before but need some more advice.

Do i need the heater/fan unit for a wof/cert ?

Do i need a speedo or can i use like an apex rsm instead?

I would be curious about this too. I think the RSM uses a G meter to gauge velocity, so it wouldn't be un-allowed like gps?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need doors for a re-vin? Have heard you don't need doors for a wof but unsure about how true it is.

yes, unless its an old landcruiser or jeep or something like that thats designed to not have any doors.

i couldnt find anything that says you have to have doors. but that would be a common sense thing

2.jpg

Sorry i know i have asked this before but need some more advice.

Do i need the heater/fan unit for a wof/cert ?

Do i need a speedo or can i use like an apex rsm instead?

1. A vehicle first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 December 1951 that is capable of a speed exceeding 50km/h is not fitted with a speedometer, and the vehicle operator cannot produce acceptable written evidence (Note 2) that:

a) the speedometer has been removed for repair, or

B) there are no undue delays by the vehicle owner in having the speedometer replaced.

Condition and performance

2. The speedometer:

a) does not operate as intended when the vehicle is moving forward, or

B) is obscured from the driver’s position, or

c) does not indicate the vehicle’s speed in km/h or mph.

3. Reason for rejection 2(a), 2(B) or 2© applies and the vehicle operator cannot produce acceptable written evidence (Note 2) that repair of the speedometer or associated equipment is impracticable or that a suitable replacement is not available.

Note 1

Speedometer means an instrument in a motor vehicle that continuously indicates to the driver the forward speed of the vehicle in either kilometres per hour (km/h) or miles per hour (mph). For clarification: This definition does not include the speed provided by a GPS system.

so if the RSM takes its speed from the vehicle speed sensor or speedo drive, then that would be ok

a window demist system is not required

I have heard tell of certing multiple sets of wheels for road use, is this true?

I.e one set of 14x6.5 and another wider, staggered set for wanking over/meets.

yes can be done, within reason. ie you would have to have similar rolling diameters, i had someone that wanted a car certed with 13'' modgies and 17'' lensos, that was a bit excessive.  (guess what sort of car that was)

wheels for masturbatory purposes would still have to be legal as well, without heaps of stretch etc

I think the answer to my question is yes, but, If I cert now (injected) then add link & itbs, do I need to recert?

technically yes, but practically, probably not, as the plate would say injected for both setups. it wouldnt say ITB's or anything that specific.

only thing that might be different, is if it is an OE injected engine that is certified the first time it wont say "mod" on the plate which shows the engine has been modified.

yes can be done, within reason. ie you would have to have similar rolling diameters, i had someone that wanted a car certed with 13'' modgies and 17'' lensos, that was a bit excessive.  (guess what sort of car that was)

wheels for masturbatory purposes would still have to be legal as well, without heaps of stretch etc

Choice, thanks man. Doesn't sound like I'll be certing the wider set anyway, there's pretty much zero chance of fitting 235's or even 225's under standard ae86 guards.

just wondering how to attach my seat mounts to the tunnel and sill having heard you cant weld them in how can i attach them as you cant get inside the sill to fit doubler plates 

its quite common in motorsport vehicles to have the seat mounted like that. the seat standard says no welding but the hobby car manual has a bit about mounting like that and it says its ok