For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

had a google as i know fuck all about plastics, but these two bits made me think its probably not suitable

1.Under tensile load, UHMWPE will deform continually as long as the stress is present—an effect called creep.

if it does the same thing under compressive loading, the thru bolt will come loose eventually.

2.Its melting point is around 130 to 136 °C (266 to 277 °F),[6] and, according to DSM, it is not advisable to use UHMWPE fibers at temperatures exceeding 80 to 100 °C (176 to 212 °F) for long periods of time.

one standard tom? that sounds like my fastener tightening method of "torque to flatulence"

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of quick questions for you Cletus.

1) Rally light pods, would something like this be road legal or would it need to be removed to drive on public roads? As I would like to mount a pod but no one makes them for the 82 so would need to custom build and with the newer rally cars going for the below setup it would be a lot cheaper for me in the long run.

http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/file.php?5,file=2585,filename=05022011115.jpg

2) I have been told by the local garage wof guy that a "Shaker" style vent would be illegal as it is not directly conected to the bonett and as the vent is also aftermarket it would cause injury to any one who i run over. The plan Cletus is to build a sheet metal box where the current intake pleneum of the 20v is, cut a hole in the bonett so that the box is under the bonnet line and the vent is above feeding cold air into the ITB's. Was going to use a WRX STi vent. Any issues I would run into doing this? It would not need to go on the cert would it? As its a factory vent from a subaru.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of quick questions for you Cletus.

1) Rally light pods, would something like this be road legal or would it need to be removed to drive on public roads? As I would like to mount a pod but no one makes them for the 82 so would need to custom build and with the newer rally cars going for the below setup it would be a lot cheaper for me in the long run.

http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/file.php?5,file=2585,filename=05022011115.jpg

2) I have been told by the local garage wof guy that a "Shaker" style vent would be illegal as it is not directly conected to the bonett and as the vent is also aftermarket it would cause injury to any one who i run over. The plan Cletus is to build a sheet metal box where the current intake pleneum of the 20v is, cut a hole in the bonett so that the box is under the bonnet line and the vent is above feeding cold air into the ITB's. Was going to use a WRX STi vent. Any issues I would run into doing this? It would not need to go on the cert would it? As its a factory vent from a subaru.

Thanks

cant open the link. but you can only have a pair of extra lights

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof/general/lighting/front-and-rear-fog-lamps

as for your shaker scoop, you can have a scoop attached to the engine. rules here-

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_External_Projections.pdf

that would also apply to a light pod on the front of a car, no sharp edges etc....

Not entirely sure I need to ask this question, however the resource is here so I may as well. 

in terms of cars with their bodies lowered (a lot) would practicality be involved in a cert process ?

For instance my car drives absolutely fine at 60 mm from the floor ( so far ) yet obviously it will struggle with shit driveways and angles.

As long as it performs safely on the road test, is it all A-ok or does it have to be flawless in terms of accessing all sorts of dips into driveways and all that business.

Don't think they really car how hard it is for you to get up driveways and whatnot as thats you have to deal with that. It's more how the car handles no crazy bump steer not bouncing all over the road sliding around when it shouldn't be. 

You should be alright at 60mm man, I'm aiming to get my cressida certed at 40mm chassis rails hopefully it mostly depends on what the certifier is happy with.

yea thats the only guidelines we have so far.

one day i will get around to checking how  much bumpsteer a valiant has, i predict that will be terrible.

some cars have a lot of toe change ie mustangs, but the worst of it doesnt really matter because it is when the suspension is near full droop ie when you are doing a jump. so be careful if doing jumps in a mustang

mustangsig.jpg

• Like 1