For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

What's the go regarding vehicles with declaration? I'm looking at purchasing a vehicle that has been modified, do I just need a copy of the declaration paper and wof's and insurance etc will be all good or is there more to it? The car is currently wof'd and reg'd as I understand declaration dies with the plates. I haven't been able to find much info on Google regarding it.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a full glass body on FB ..I was trying to get the doors off him but he wasn't keen. Still, for $1600 it's a bargain (if you can be bothered trying to get the cab legal..Would need lots of steel I imagine)..Actually even if ya biff the cabin- for the doors and one piece front it's still cheap

I hear there were 20 made in NZ,  the one on Faceballs is FG cabin, FG doors and one piece FG front (I can't work out if that is cool or just a pain in the ass)

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 18:21, flyingbrick said:

What is the story with fiberglass doors on a vehicle like the HQ? Do you have to frame out the guts? (Simple bar work between hinges and door latch? What's the minimum requirements?)

yes, the book doesnt specify minimum sizes, but a simple frame between the hinges and the door catch made out of something like 25mmSHS, 3mm wall would be fine

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 10:02, chasinthemirage said:

What's the go regarding vehicles with declaration? I'm looking at purchasing a vehicle that has been modified, do I just need a copy of the declaration paper and wof's and insurance etc will be all good or is there more to it? The car is currently wof'd and reg'd as I understand declaration dies with the plates. I haven't been able to find much info on Google regarding it.

yes as long as the car matches the declaration,  you just take it with you and go get a wof

one thing to look for is that there has been no further mods since the declaration, as they were only a statement that the vehicle was modified prior to 1992, and doesnt need LVV cert. any mods after the declaration was done= go through a new cert, there are allowances for cars modified prior to 92 though

• Like 2

We had a spiel from Andy Smith on cert's at our latest rod club meeting. He avoided mentioning too many fails, but did note that a lot of people ask to cert 'just the seat rails' or similar, which can't be done. The certifier has too look at the whole vehicle and all mods.

Also touched on the pre-92 thing as one member has a rod that has declaration, but rego has lapsed, so falls into this category. 

• Like 2

hey there anyone know anything about roll cages? been offered a 70's corolla race car for what seems to be a good price but worried that the roll cage may not be up to todays standards, has logbook but no number plates. he last used it at taupo 10 years ago. will this be allowed back on a track etc? cheers

oooh I'm thinking not really, best hope is to find ANY sort of identification to 'reprint' or regain the original logbook from MSNZ (chassis stamped numbers anywhere?

I had something similar with my Avenger when I obtained it it was an existing cage 'reshelled' but not up to the new spec's (80's spec main hoop etc)

I might / will likely be wrong or corrected but those are my thoughts & experience with that sort of matter

This has probably asked a million times but here goes, my step dad has a 1994 silverado ext cab thats not complied yet. From reading nzta rules etc. It shouldnt need converted to rhd because its over 20 years old.

My question is does the import date matter on having to convert it to rhd? This has been in nz for years now previous owner never put it on the road because he was going to convert it but if it doesnt need converted then that would save a lot of pissing round.