For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cert rules here

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Engine_&_Drive-train_Conversions.pdf

2.3 (9)

it got updated a couple of months ago, no more hot rods with this style exhaust

hulgas.jpg?m=1307681063

is it ok to have an exhaust like that capped off with pipes running to the rear of the car? or zoomies? I don't relay mind as i don't like both  

EDIT:  i see it must not exit infront of the body anymore

have any sections of exposed exhaust contactable from the front
of the vehicle or adjacent to points of occupant entr
y and exit
adequately heat
-
shielded

Dose this mean t bucket heads must be covered with heat shields now ?

ive always read that as needs heat shields near where you get in or out of it- ie the mufflers on a ac cobra replica, not the engine

• Like 1

link also answered Gearbox conversions query ta

Gearbox conversions that do not require certification

4.3(3) A vehicle is not required to be certified to the Low Volume Vehicle Code, provided that the safe performance of the vehicle is not compromised, where the only modification to the vehicle is the fitting of a gearbox or automatic transmission other than that fitted by the vehicle manufacturer, and that: LVVTA Low Volume Vehicle Standard 85-40(01) (Engine & Drive-train Conversions) Page 26 of 29 © Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association (Inc.) July 2016

(a) the original equipment gearbox cross-member has not been heated, cut, or welded; and

(B) the original equipment gearbox cross-member mounting to the OE body or chassis members is unchanged; and

© no replacement gearbox cross-member is used; and

(d) the original equipment driveshaft(s) remains and is unmodified; and

(e) no substantial modifications have occurred to the floor or gearbox tunnel area, other than provision for gear-shift mechanism; and

(f) the braking system is not modified or changed, including the brake pedal.

does b technically mean you cannot swap in a manual X-member from the donar car even tho its "OEM" (realistically how can yo utell / check that)

Hi, can you tell me if I'm up shit creek with a modified/cut radiator support on my 1990 NZ New S13?

This model was no airbag, no ABS and obviously over 20y/o.

It was like that went I bought the rolling body, but it works well since I have a long engine in there now. I do have a spare support that could be welded in, but it would make it very hard to fit a radiator and fan.

Similar to this (not my car) but less has been cut out:

cce992fa.jpg