Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Cheers stu. 

Oh imagine the wonders of cnc... :grin:

I'll sing out if I need something for sure. Ullrich aluminum are robbing buggers.

One next purchase I need to make is a load of stainless bend for the exhaust. Looks like aliexpress can't be beat for price. The prices over had, at 'trade', from various nz places are a joke. I'm still undecided on 28mm or the stock 25mm diameter but I'll need maybe 20 of these... 

SmartSelect_20221007-101806_AliExpress.jpg

Also condolences on your loss. i remember reading that letter in Beaded Wheels too. When this happens you do realise there were things you never got to talk about. My brother and I are only now following up on a bit of our old man's history we'd never heard about. And he's been gone for 40 odd years.

Looking for ward to seeing what shape plenum you're going to do.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas. @Sunbeam  yeah- grill your parents for historical info while you still can.

@GregT Its a neat article- the letter my great grand father had written was interesting.. but a bit too long to have put up on what really is a thread about an Imp. I was was just quite pleasantly shocked at what stuff I'd been finding out. Just wish I'd asked more when I could.  I'd like to find out more about Argyll motors. From what I know it was a interesting setup- quite advanced with beautiful buildings and a great attitude towards the workers conditions at the time. But sadly didn't prove profitable enough over time.

Argyll made some nice looking trucks too.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Alex, I only met him once that I remember, over a cup of tea at your folks place. It was on the way to my first Oldschool meet in Kaikoura years ago, I can still remember thinking that this was where you might have got some of your way with words. I hope your Mum is coping OK too. Cheers, Will.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Thanks guys.  Spend more time getting to know the history from your parents before the memories fade.   I wish I had done more of this with dad. 

This^^.. Sorry to hear about your old man bro, its hard. I also lament not garnering more memories from my dad as now have no point of reference for a lot of things in my past/childhood apart from my mum, best get on to her then. 

• Like 1