Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

I've got extra outputs on the megasquirt. I could set up a stepper motor to open them at set values. 

But realistically I'd probably just be opening them at certain times for lol effect. 

Like outside an oldfolks home at 3am or next to a community hall where there's a workshop for those who suffer from ptsd. 

Joke. I would not do that. 

• Haha 6

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried sliding doors and butterfly valves in home made mufflers with much disappointment, you may get a slight change but the baffle chamber of the bit of the muffler that has been bypassed still will still do its job if any part of it is open to the exhaust flow.       

The muffler is looking good. 

You can buy muffler packing in sheets or as loose fluff. We used to sell a bunch of it at City Honda and it's more hardy than using wall fluff or other kinds of fibreglass insulation.

Click here to dive into the world of muff packing: https://shop.cityhonda.co.nz/collections/shop?q=muffler+packing*

• Like 1

Some automotive giant just has to go two better than me :doubt:...

https://www.drive.com.au/news/new-eight-cylinder-engine-unveiled-by-gwm/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1aiB3PXuiLRd9ukNk_ucsvESzdzwxU9-_stypa2F3u6aTlry_BaVBOc8A_aem_AcchXiUEBUlrG8C2lcTfmSXIf_SOxeiKhKhFSjGGpB7CQ0ORNZUjLV_zXG-FUCh7Tkzl9RHVbHNFSWTX_L7cJHTY

84ea4f88-c60d-5355-b3ad-709431950000.webp

'It's understood GWM is looking to enter the motorcycle market, with the flat-eight a good indication the company will be targeting large touring bikes such as the Honda Goldwing and BMW K1600.

However, some industry pundits have already begun speculating which classic cars would be best suited for the eight-cylinder motorcycle engine'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's no videos of that GWM engine running at least so your still 6 up on them. Just an Asian exec making finger guns at a car show.

If you could make a parody that would be excellent and end it with a running engine in an imp.

• Like 1