Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really wish half the "Engineers" I come across would spend a week with you (but you don't want this) What you achieve with basic tooling they spend weeks trying to draw with every CNC under the sun at their disposal.

Very simple work holding and robust strategies, such a pleasure to read and follow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, tortron said:

Considering I was told by a lead engineer that you couldn't tap a thread from the other side of a piece, because it would be a reverse thread, I think it's too far gone 

Oh wow- that's golden. I might have to take a trip to a steam museum/menz shed/barry haunt and drop that one into conversation.  Just keep a straight face and insist its correct. Watch their faces to red.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Very classy work on the inlet and fuel rail - as expected from this artisans workshop :)

Done a few fuel rails myself, but never a side feed….. in fact I don’t remember seeing anyone do one before. Came out very nicely.

Swarf….. have to be careful about that. If I bring it in the house I’ll find myself living in the workshop!

Nick

• Like 3

Any and all swarf in our garage ends up in our house. They are still the same thing. Fml. 

Love the updates tho man.

Edit. It's damn cool how you are able to successfully use many different methods of doing stuff and you know when to use each one and when not to.

I admit, my first thought when I saw the scalloping of that tube was OMG ITS GOING TO BANANA WHEN HE WELDS IT HOWS HE GOING TO STOP THIS and then you bust out the silver solder and I'm like "argh, genius"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flyingbrick said:

I admit, my first thought when I saw the scalloping of that tube was OMG ITS GOING TO BANANA WHEN HE WELDS IT HOWS HE GOING TO STOP THIS

Man if I had attempted to tig weld those bits it would have turned into an abortion. My tig skills on small steel/stainless work is still not very flash. 

I'm glad that when the time comes to weld my exhaust manifold at least it'll be hidden from view :thumbleft:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1