Seedy Al's 1960 Munro Caravan

Seedy Al

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I fail at these sort of things but the first thing that came to mind would be to have the bags mounted way back at rear of the caravan, so that draw bar can remain the same place. In the down position it would somewhat level out and when in the up position you tow around with heaps of rake. Mean caravan though, like how the bench an whatnot go along the front rather than the side

now i know nothing. howeverwould it be possible to have a detachable hose go from caravan to wagon like hydraulic lines on a tractor, or the air lines trucks run to their trailers? that way you can have a switch in th ecar to activate bags on caravan... whats the normal driving height between the caravan and the crown (assuming its going behind the crown)

EDIT: cos you could just leave the draw bar as is if the heigh isnt going to be much different beween the crown when its normal and the caravan is laying frame... or have something like this http://trojan.co.nz/index.asp?pageID=2145834374 part number 75120 or 75125 which could split the difference. i need a diagram

There is a very strong smell of rape and/or abortion in this thing.

Previous owners include Josef Fritzl?

Looks like a good project - think how convenient it will be when you get to the campsite and just lay frame instead of sorting out jacks and blocks and all that bollocks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...